Just got my Micron CM-C

dont lie micron... lol you know them big texan fingers love the micron...

Hey I just posted a pic of something I did all with the Eclipse CS...LOL So I ain't lying :D
Just do not ask me when I use it before that cause I can not tell you .Plus I did give the Krome a good work out so yes my micron has had a rest but I am using it on paint pal's so it is getting some use:D

Hey I just posted a pic of something I did all with the Eclipse CS...LOL So I ain't lying :D
Just do not ask me when I use it before that cause I can not tell you .Plus I did give the Krome a good work out so yes my micron has had a rest but I am using it on paint pal's so it is getting some use:D

just messin with ya buddy.....a good artist uses whatever is at hand...best of luck

just messin with ya buddy.....a good artist uses whatever is at hand...best of luck

I know buddy but remember I can take it and dish it out too:D

It is all good even if you are a monkey who paints holding his airbrush with his feet:D

I have a CM-B with the same size reservoir in the bottom. It's really not much of an issue. I thought it would be. I did not have an option to return mine and I am glad I didn't.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Congrats Jeff, can't wait to see what you think of the plus. I ended up getting about $455 for xmas that I was planning on putting towards the micron cmc+. My main brushes are the Hp-ch and Hp-c+ so the micron should be a very nice addition to the family. I see you have the same brushes and am looking forward to your review when you get the new one.

Thanks! I have been putting if off for a while now, mostly because I can get really fine detail with my Krome and Infinity. Time to see what all the hype is about. Most of my brushes are detail ones, so I'll have a pretty good set of hardware to compare it to. I currently use my Infinity and Evolution AL Plus the most, but I have been using my HP-CH more now that I put the Blair Soft Spring in it.

All cups that shape in all brands have those big cavities. I personally don't know why they are still in production. Maybe on .5 guns that will be fine but not for anything smaller.

All cups that shape in all brands have those big cavities. I personally don't know why they are still in production. Maybe on .5 guns that will be fine but not for anything smaller.
I wonder if it is the manufacture process that they are too lazy to change? I even have a cheesy (my very first) with what looks like the exact same cavity.

Fly, it's a very old design. The HP-C started it. I just think why still have this design today. It's okay if you paint with the nozzle down but if you work upright you need so much more paint to cover the fluid hole.

Fly, it's a very old design. The HP-C started it. I just think why still have this design today. It's okay if you paint with the nozzle down but if you work upright you need so much more paint to cover the fluid hole.

That was my thought. The backward angle of the cup and the way the huge cavity is bored on the body makes it look like it was designed to use large volumes of paint on a horizontal surface.

I've heard of the soft spring but never knew anybody that actually had one. Where do you buy them and how much more comfortable is it? Just a matter of time before I have to breakdown and try a krome too lol! I started out with Iwata bushes 5 years ago and am really hesitant towards any kind of change.

I've heard of the soft spring but never knew anybody that actually had one. Where do you buy them and how much more comfortable is it? Just a matter of time before I have to breakdown and try a krome too lol! I started out with Iwata bushes 5 years ago and am really hesitant towards any kind of change.

The soft spring is awesome. It is expensive as hell though, $29 each. In the grands scheme of things, $29 was nothing compared to the amount of money I've blown in the past year. Haha. Airbrush Workshops | SoftSpring
Marissa also has a similar spring, the Zsolt, but shipping is more expensive. Zsolt’s Soft Spring for IWATA | Foxy Studio
The soft spring is probably 1/3 the tension of the HP-CH stock spring or softer. Once I dialed in the air spring tension on my Infinity(its adjustable), I wondered why the Iwata brushes had such a stiff trigger. Actually, the stock trigger on probably every other brand is softer than the Iwata. Doesn't Herb have a Krome you could try out? It is in my opinion, the best bang for the buck out there.

I just got 2 more springs from Foxy studio for €5 ea and shipping was €7 and that included pencils and erasers.

Last edited:
I just got 2 more springs from Foxy studio for €5 ea and shipping was €7 and that included pencils and erasers.

Yup, I just calculated it to FL with a few springs and it was $7 shipping also. I think the last time I had a few more things that wouldn't fit in the envelope. Shipping alone was like €27, so it made me not order it. Hell, I would have bought from Foxy instead of the Blair spring had I known that.

I have the Zsolt springs in my iwata HP-b, My new Micron SB and my Mike learn Mojo. They do make a big difference.

Lee

wow i goti get those springs its funny hearing all this talk about thre cup desighn i didnt like that cup desighn before i knew about the cavity

wheres your plus already im dying over here. want to know your opinion of it . just remember i wasent all to keen at first takes a bit of a learning curve

wheres your plus already im dying over here. want to know your opinion of it . just remember i wasent all to keen at first takes a bit of a learning curve

It's being delivered tomorrow. I won't get any paint through it until tomorrow night.
I don't think I will have too much of a problem with it, I have the reductions down perfectly for my Infinity .15 and Evolution AL Plus .2.
I can pull ultra fine lines with both of them and great control, so I don't see the Micron being too much of a learning curve.

Back