Just got my Micron CM-C

Man I just had to spend $249 on new roll of paint mask and transfer tape, that definitely cut into my micron funds! Thx for the spring info, that will be added to my wishlist lol!

Just got delivered about an hour ago! Time to sling some ultra atomized paint tonight. :)

Iwata-CMC Plus.jpg

nice loking forward to see ur painting with it and ur opinion how it funktion :adoration:

Nice one :) I look forward to hearing what you think of it.
Cheers Mel

I sprayed with it for a few hours tonight side by side with my Infinity .15.
My conclusion is that the Micron is a very efficient and consistent brush. The Infinity can do pretty much everything the Micron can, but the Micron is just easier to work with. Reductions have to be more accurate with the Infinity, but once they are right, it sprays great. The Micron definitely performs better at very low PSI. ETAC EFX at about 5-7psi straight out of the bottle, where the Infinity had to be around 10-12. The consensus is that even though the Micron is so expensive, performance wise it is completely worth it. The Infinity is still a great gun, just more picky.

yep dude the micro rocks...i cant even use my high line series after painting with the micron for months

yep dude the micro rocks...i cant even use my high line series after painting with the micron for months

I would agree, not even a contest. I would still choose an H&S infinity or evolution over my HP-CH, but just by a slight margin. As said before, the Micron really is in a league of its own.

My conclusion is that the Micron is a very efficient and consistent brush. The Infinity can do pretty much everything the Micron can, but the Micron is just easier to work with. Reductions have to be more accurate with the Infinity, but once they are right, it sprays great. The Micron definitely performs better at very low PSI. ETAC EFX at about 5-7psi straight out of the bottle, where the Infinity had to be around 10-12. The consensus is that even though the Micron is so expensive, performance wise it is completely worth it. The Infinity is still a great gun, just more picky.

Hi Jagardn,
I'm chuffed for you :) I had the same result between my Sotar 20/20 0.21mm and my Olympos Micron 0.23mm although the Micron did also produce slightly better detail, the main difference is the Sotar is much more finicky with paint than the Olympos Micron. Mind you with the Amazon Sotar price tag makes it a fantastic value detail airbrush and like you said with the Infinity, once you get the paint reduction right is sprays great. Having said that I am extremely happy with my Olympos Micron, it makes airbrushing a pleasure :)

Which needle/nozzle set up did you get for your CM-C+ the 0.18 or 0.23mm?
Cheers Mel

Hi Jagardn,
I'm chuffed for you :) I had the same result between my Sotar 20/20 0.21mm and my Olympos Micron 0.23mm although the Micron did also produce slightly better detail, the main difference is the Sotar is much more finicky with paint than the Olympos Micron. Mind you with the Amazon Sotar price tag makes it a fantastic value detail airbrush and like you said with the Infinity, once you get the paint reduction right is sprays great. Having said that I am extremely happy with my Olympos Micron, it makes airbrushing a pleasure :)

Which needle/nozzle set up did you get for your CM-C+ the 0.18 or 0.23mm?
Cheers Mel

I went with the .23mm, it is the stock head assembly in the C Series. I totally agree with you on the Sotar/Infinity comparison(i have a Krome with similar performance to the Sotar), they are awesome brushes. I could paint the same painting with my Infinity or Krome that I could with the Micron. If I painted one with each, you probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference just by looking at them. The difference would have been, how much extra work I would have had to do to get my reductions to perform in the other brushes. The head design in the Micron really is much more efficient than any other brush.

Oh man Jeff you got me drooling over here now lol! Told my wife to give me the rest of my xmas money from the checks we got so I can buy my micron STAT! She said you might want to hold off, ummm I don't think so lol! I think ive heard enough reviews now that I need to take part and judge it for myself. Glad you like it.

I knew you would love it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Oh man Jeff you got me drooling over here now lol! Told my wife to give me the rest of my xmas money from the checks we got so I can buy my micron STAT! She said you might want to hold off, ummm I don't think so lol! I think ive heard enough reviews now that I need to take part and judge it for myself. Glad you like it.

You will not be disappointed. I only have the .18 CM-b and it's a dream to use. I am still evolving in my airbrushing, was I totally deserving of the skills a micron can show, nope, but I have so much more confidence with my painting when I use it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If you paint a lot, which it looks like you do, you won't regret it one bit. Hell, tell your wife that if you get one, you'll spend a lot more time in the shop. She will more than likely start pawning her mothers favorite china and possibly start offering non essential organs for sale on ebay. ;)

Lol! That's prob why she doesn't want me to get one, I'm already practically living out there now lol! When I do order one I don't think I have enough for an extra head assembly. Will just be able to buy an extra needle and a hose and hope the nozzle lasts for awhile without any accidents.

Now I want everyone to know This is one of the two people who gave me a very hard time for buying My CM-C+ hence my handle here of Mr. Micron...LMAO

Now he is drooling for one...
Mikkel I told you back than and I will still tell you it is a awesome airbrush and well worth the money . As Jeff stated you can do the same with a krome or any other detail brush but the Micron to me makes it easier..

Spend the money and post up your own review...But you know I will tell Toddles :D

Lol! That's prob why she doesn't want me to get one, I'm already practically living out there now lol! When I do order one I don't think I have enough for an extra head assembly. Will just be able to buy an extra needle and a hose and hope the nozzle lasts for awhile without any accidents.

The heads on them hold up pretty well , Granted I have not dropped any of my airbrush (yet!) hope I never do . Plus I have yet to have to change the needle. But I do keep it clean.
But having both the .23 and the .18 needle on hand I use the .23 most because it is not as finicky as the .18 set up on waterbased , Urethane either one works great.

I wouldn't if I were you. I will probably do the same, just a needle. I and you have enough brushes to work with while the parts are shipping.
Your HP-CH's and +'s can do damn near the same as the Micron, but the Micron atomizes the paint much easier and at lower PSI. You won't be dead in the water when the parts are on the way, buy you may feel that way. haha

Yeah Toddles will never know lmao! Kinda figured I have enough brushes to get me barely by haha! I just converted one of my CH's to the .2mm but haven't had time to play yet, was sort of on a Harley sign build off for a stretch but I think its out of my system now lol! I'll go with the .23 set up as well, don't think I have a need as of yet for the .18. I need to find something different than wicked, it kills my brushes or maybe its just me. I can spray iris all day long and my hok white rocks, wicked white I hate for detail.

I know you told me I would love it Herb but I'm a stickler with my money lol! I just absolutely love my hp-c+'s and CH's that I could get 3 more for price of the micron. Plus I'm in dire need of replacing my cs' s but I'm hopeful that on my day off tomorrow I'll be placing an order for a cm-c+!

I know you told me I would love it Herb but I'm a stickler with my money lol! I just absolutely love my hp-c+'s and CH's that I could get 3 more for price of the micron. Plus I'm in dire need of replacing my cs' s but I'm hopeful that on my day off tomorrow I'll be placing an order for a cm-c+!

Well I know you can pull of the detail even if you was using a fire hose.. But the atomization and finer spray pattern is just awesome.
I will tell you that in my opinion the Wicked Detail white shoots better than the Createx Illustration white does even with the W500.
I have ordered some E-tac fx white should be here next year:D to give it a go. But I agree HOK rocks on tight detail.

Plus you know I will not tell Toddles cause I am not speaking to him LMAO...
But I do not what you mean about spending the money. You two almost had me talked out of it but Ryno, Steve Driscoll , and some aussie bloke name Kiwi Terry convince me to just go for it...

It is amazing who all is standing in the shop over at Coast Airbrush when you call....LMAO

Back