Just learning with two Eclipses...CS and BCR

jarheadmech

Young Tutorling
I'm new here, and currently only airbrush rockets and some models. I am looking forward to learning how to really airbrush...

Welcome aboard, we've had a few new members in the last few days.
a few more questions if i may.....
where on this big ol' planet do you call home ? we can maybe guide you to a reliable supplier.
what equipment and paints do you currently use ?
Do you want to stick to Rockets and Models or do you want to venture into the 'Art' side of things.

The more info we have the better we can guide you.

I'm here from Missouri, USA, in the Ozarks. I am currently using Vallejo Model Color and Com-Art paints. As a matter of fact, I have some paint related questions about the Com-art paints...

I was trained as a draftsman, but I'm looking to get into the art side of airbrushing.

I am a retired Marine, and most of my time is spent in my woodworking shop...

Okay lets put this in Jar head terms
Where is your home base?
what type of rockets are you painting , The super small starter kit one of the more advance ones
I know rocket go boom !! :D
Sorry Disabled USArmy Special Forces here so ya know I have to give you a hard time it is in the SOP:D

I'm here from Missouri, USA, in the Ozarks. I am currently using Vallejo Model Color and Com-Art paints. As a matter of fact, I have some paint related questions about the Com-art paints...

I was trained as a draftsman, but I'm looking to get into the art side of airbrushing.

I am a retired Marine, and most of my time is spent in my woodworking shop...
Com-art is super thin to start with and through the airbrush you have listed will work fine but you may have to lower the air pressure so you do not get spidering. You can also look into Wicked Brand at your local hobby lobby just remember to print off the 40% off coupon (lots of them) and take a lot of folks with you to go buy the paint :D

I am building rockets according to motor size, and I started with the smallest, but some of them are over a foot long. I build them for my daughter and I to make and launch. She loves them...

I recieved Com-art kits A and B, and they were full of floating crap. After an endless bout of shaking and mixing, I filtered them. I was left with half of the paint volume in the cheesecloth. They (Blick Art Supplies) sent me another two sets, and things were just the same. They refunded my money, and I ordered some from Dixie Art, and things are as they should be. I just wish I didn't have 40 bottles of useless paint. I don't know if there is any reason to keep it or not...I'm wondering if it got frozen or something...

Last edited:
I am building rockets according to motor size, and I started with the smallest, but some of them are over a foot long. I build them for my daughter and I to make and launch. She loves them...

I recieved Com-art kits A and B, and they were full of floating crap. After an endless bout of shaking and mixing, I filtered them. I was left with half of the paint volume in the cheesecloth. They (Blick Art Supplies) sent me another two sets, and things were just the same. They refunded my money, and I ordered some from Dixie Art, and things are as they should be. I just wish I didn't have 40 bottles of useless paint. I don't know if there is any reason to keep it or not...I'm wondering if it got frozen or something...
Sound like it got frozen in transit . being the cargo hold are not heated .
Do you have a hobby lobby in your area? They carry comart paint as well a Wicked and the New Candy 2o (which is a true water based candy paint)
Building rockets with your kids is great fun, I have had to paint a couple for my youngest back when he was into rockets with PokeMon on them :(
But he is 20 now so I have not built any rockets for a while now.

Hey welcome to the forum. I'm really new myself. Those rockets sound like a cool hobby. Best of luck and keep spraying :)

Welcome aboard, jarheadmech! Glad to have another modeler join up. :thumbsup: I used to build rockets myself when I was a kid. My own children weren't interested, but maybe the grand kids will be. When their folks aren't living in a sardine can anyway.

Welcome to the forum! Looks like your questions are taken care of for now. Don’t hesitate to ask anymore though. We’ll do our best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back