For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

late introduction

Discussion in 'Introductions!' started by Dutch, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Dutch

Dutch Gravity Guru

thanks so much to JackEb for guiding me to this intro page and the encouraging comments, i have never actually met another airbrusher so it`s great to see and read about others, i was once told that if you practice something for 1000 hours you get the hang of it well i`ve away to go yet but oh man i love it
    mostly i use my Badger Krome and Patriot which has the finer needle conversion, for big areas the cheapo liquid acrylic diluted with water and screen wash seems ok
    going through four dry diagram pumps i shelled out for a Bambi compressor actually a fridge motor just cuts in & out no fuss
    it`s not the cheapest pastime and i have given away more pieces than sold i dabble in pyrography wood burning and have decorated my doors with a couple of themes then used airbrush to add colour on the bathroom Koy Carp theme.. .. happy days
    MeeshellMP and jord001 like this.
  2. SiRoxx

SiRoxx Party Boy UK Style Staff Member Mod Very Likeable!

Welcome Andrew, hope you enjoy the forum. As for never meeting another airbrusher in person, it’s the same for me. But the best thing about this madhouse is that you’ll be welcomed in without meeting in person.
  3. markjthomson

markjthomson AKA QuickDraw and very happy #nobrushleftbehind Staff Member Admin

Hey Andrew, welcome from New Zealand. What part of Cornwall are you in? I lived in Plymouth for a year or so and loved the area. We have another member from your sunny part of your isles as well... I'll remember his name soon...
  4. beanpoleuk

beanpoleuk Love this place! Artist of the Month! Forum Supporter Very Likeable!

Welcome from somerset , so not too far away from you :)

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk
    SiRoxx likes this.
  5. JackEb

JackEb The Dragon Hunter Staff Member Admin

Hi Andrew, glad you found your way here, when i saw you were making comments on your profile page, i was worried that no-one would see them and you'd wonder why you werent getting answers and lose heart.

Not knowing anyone else who airbrushes is a common theme around here, and some are not fortunate enough to have the spare cash to attend some of the awesome classes that are around. This forum somewhat fills the gap, sure it may take longer to get to where you want to be but the journey is not alone. We are great and helping out when someone wobbles or threatens to throw an airbrush through the window. You are not alone, i dont think i've ever seen a post that hasnt had a reply within a few hours.

I was hooked after my first play with an airbrush, it was with a generic knock off and i spent about 3 hours just spraying paint with absolutely no idea what i was doing, what reductions to use etc etc etc. The group here will help anyway possible, but be warned, threadjacking occurs frequently and what you originally asked may get side tracked regularly but we'll get you where you need to be eventually.

This is just a big ol' bunch of lunatics with the same love of airbrushing that we like to talk about and do show and tells occasionally.

Have fun, throw some paint and 'spread the love' is our motto :D
    SiRoxx likes this.
  6. jord001

jord001 Air-Valve Autobot!

I'm from Birmingham so quite a way away but one never knows where things take us. There are loads of airbrushers around so theres bound to be one close'ish. Welcome to the forum

Lee
    SiRoxx likes this.
  7. Jurien72

Jurien72 Have Airbrush - Will Travel! Very Likeable!

Any of you that live in the states, you just might get to meet me! :) For the rest of you, you gotta wait til I win the lottery. Then you all will be invited to join me in my private studio- on my big yacht :)
    JackEb and SiRoxx like this.
  8. SiRoxx

SiRoxx Party Boy UK Style Staff Member Mod Very Likeable!

Damn straight :D. "Welcome aboard, we slinging paint and Moonshine".
    JackEb likes this.
  9. Dutch

Dutch Gravity Guru

Wow thanks everyone I had not expected replies like this it seems we were all hooked after that first attempt at making marks and trying to get the air / paint ratio right. Originally from Birmingham UK that is I live in Hayle Cornwall right on the coast with no plans to ever change that
    After 40 years or so in engineering I now have more time to do what I most enjoy ( I quite like airbrushing too ) right now black & white on A1 card or similar in particular the way animal fur ie lions looks I have a couple nearly ready to upload so if you feel inclined good or bad opinions are most welcome

Andrew aka Dutch
    SiRoxx likes this.
  10. Dutch

Dutch Gravity Guru

Hi QD wish I did have a porch but I know what you mean. Hayle is home and I know Plymouth quit well worked on marine refrigeration and a/c there and up & down the UK too old for that now cleaning my airbrushes is about as technical as it gets now
    thanks for the welcome happydays my user name is Dutch now with help from JckEb
  11. markjthomson

markjthomson AKA QuickDraw and very happy #nobrushleftbehind Staff Member Admin

lol... I lived near Birmingham as well, I could speak fluent Birminghamingam and Cornish and Devonian by the time I left... :)
  12. MeeshellMP

MeeshellMP Goddess Queen of carts Staff Member Mod

Welcome to the zoo!!
  13. WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight Code Dragon Slayer Staff Member Admin

Welcome to the forum :)