Latest find - Devilbiss Super 63

Kim McCann

Mac-Valve Maestro!
A lot "younger" than I normally collect, but I am a huge art deco fan and have always loved the design asthetic of these beautiful brushes. So, when one came up NIB old stock on an auction site in the UK I couldn't resist.

Nothing to restore here as I usually do. This did in fact appear to be new, with a seal still on the case.

So nothing too special I suppose, but I am in love with the design aesthetic.

Will put it through it's paces tomorrow.

Interesting trigger mechanism design. Different than most other airbrushes.
fcf1addc90e49144e8ebe925d1291f8a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N981W using Tapatalk

Yeah, I am a sucker for that silver bubble, too. They do tend to work very nicely, too - which is always a plus. Looks like you found yourself a really clean example - enjoy!

Yeah, I am a sucker for that silver bubble, too. They do tend to work very nicely, too - which is always a plus. Looks like you found yourself a really clean example - enjoy!
Never used one before. Looking forward to playing with it tomorrow.

Out of interest, what are they like for parts compatibility now as they have long since stopped production.

I'll experiment with my fleet of other brushes and parts, but figured you probably already know.

One thing I will probably want to replace is the air valve spring with a softer one. It is surprisingly strong and my hand would easily get tired quickly.

Never used one before. Looking forward to playing with it tomorrow.

Out of interest, what are they like for parts compatibility now as they have long since stopped production.

I'll experiment with my fleet of other brushes and parts, but figured you probably already know.

One thing I will probably want to replace is the air valve spring with a softer one. It is surprisingly strong and my hand would easily get tired quickly.

Based on the air valve (straight sides) you have a post 80's brush. The important parts are still pretty available -

https://www.everythingairbrush.com/...es/?orderby=menu_order&filter_brand=aerograph

Yes, I made springs for both the air valve, and needle on these, as they were/are very stiff! They do soften up nicely with new springs.

Based on the air valve (straight sides) you have a post 80's brush. The important parts are still pretty available -

https://www.everythingairbrush.com/...es/?orderby=menu_order&filter_brand=aerograph

Yes, I made springs for both the air valve, and needle on these, as they were/are very stiff! They do soften up nicely with new springs.
Fantastic. A spare nozzle and needle are an absolute must. I wasn't aware though that they went down to 0.12. Visually I thought it seemed oddly small and reminded me of the floating nozzle in my 0.15 infinity, but assumed it just looked that tiny because of the thickness of the needle body.

Good to know I can still get some parts. Thanks so much! :)

Good find Kim. I have a few of these and indeed they spray really nicely. Needles and nozzles are available, I just ordered 2 needles for mine and it cost £20, Nozzles are about £13. You can also change the needle, nozzle, and nozzle cap for the High flow setup which is about a 0.6.
Never thought about changing springs in these but I can see it would be an improvement, definitely for the air valve.
The ring can rotate and moves the trigger backwards which makes it like a single action. It has a small locking screw which locks the ring so you can choose to lock it in place and use it like a normal double action.

Lee

Back