Line exercises for all skill levels

SiRoxx

Party Boy UK Style
Staff member
Mod
Hey Everybody,
@JackEb has asked me to put together some of the practice sheets we have scattered around the forums.
I’ve managed to herd up what I can, but please feel free to add to the content if you have anything I have missed.
The idea behind this first batch (from Alina at Rusairbrush School) is to trace the lines with your airbrush as slow as possible while maintaining a smooth, unbroken line that follows the width as well as the trajectory.
Not as easy as it might seem, but a great exercise.
Here is a link to the video to accompany the work sheets. Good luck and don’t forget to post your efforts! :thumbsup:
atlines-1.jpg atlines-2.jpg

Last edited:
The next step is designed to force us to create lines in different directions. I don’t know about you guys but I definitely find myself favouring one direction over another. Maybe you haven’t thought about it? This is what the task is designed to show.
atlines-3.jpg atlines-4.jpg atlines-5.jpg

The next stage is based around creating shapes without relying so much on stencils. Part of the reason for me posting is that I believe these are great for all skill levels. They’re a challenge, but the challenge is an entirely personal one. It doesn’t matter what your first try looks like or what point of you’re airbrush journey you’re starting from. The challenge is to make YOUR next sheet look better!
This is also a great learning tool with regards to pressure and reduction. You’ll need to get things dialled in nicely to create unbroken lines at different distances fro the surface.
Here is the link to the next exercise.

Thank you for posting these!!
like anything, getting the foundations correct makes the rest of it easier.
These exercises aren't just great for newbies but also for those of us who have had a long break.

Thanks for sharing. I will definitely try some of these. Something new because I was getting bored with my old exercise sheets. 🤣🤣

Back