Long body vs. Short body

KurtH

Double Actioner
I tried a Badger Krome Jet, and I realized I did not like it very much since the nose of the airbrush was so long. I had trouble putting the paint where I wanted it to go. I like the short nose of the Sotar better, I can use it with a greater amount of precision, so I performed a body swap with a 100g body to make a fake sotar.

So aside from the need to accomodate a larger cup, is there a technical reason for a long airbrush body? Or is it to accommodate different tastes?

I honestly have no idea why they made the body on the Renegade series so long. I did the Sotar/100 conversion, but felt the front end was too short. So, I tried a Spirit, which I felt was too long. A little better after ditching the crazy heavy cup, and rear handle, but still long... My favorite now is a Sotar head on an older Thayer Chandler Model A, which gives about .2" more room between trigger and side feed hole than the 100 does.

The one with the blue anodized handle must be like a feather, is that an aluminum handle? I have an old 150 with that handle and it is very light.

The one with the blue anodized handle must be like a feather, is that an aluminum handle? I have an old 150 with that handle and it is very light.

yes, it is the aluminum handle. Early to mid 1960's brush - it is the original Badger 100GFX.

Back