Looking for mini projector???

I bought a used projector with low bulb hours from eBay. If you dont use it to watch movies it will last a long time. I think I paid $40 two years ago for it. Still works great. To be fair, I don’t use it much. But I have been able to get it to focus the size of a piece of paper. It is very bright and I had to use a lamp to see my pencil trace marks. Now I just use for murals.

Malky, I used to do my best work in the dark but that is another subject matter. lollollollollollol

I think I'll just keep doing the same thing like most of the rest do here. Make copies and trace or cut up for mask. I just had a brain fart and was wondering if many used the projectors.

I know that a few here were using them and stopped using them possibly for the same reasons as I did, they certainly have their place specifically for murals and larger pieces, I just plan to have fun now so I won't go bigger than A4 unless I come across a subject that might be easier just a bit bigger then I might stretch to A3, but I really couldn't afford the cost of paint to do pieces 3ft x 4ft or bigger, hell I sometimes will leave out the background just to save painto_O

After reading the remarks on Amazon about using them for what I intended to do, I have thrown that idea out the door. Some said they were satisfied and a lot said it was a waste of money. And a lot of them said the packing was terrible with the lamp shattered to pieces when opening the box.
I'll just keep doing what I was doing and it will work out OK. By the way, it is my granddaughter that is getting married not my daughter. Hope, if I live long enough, to hold a great grandchild. She waited until finishing college to get married and she has taught math for one year so far in a school here.

After reading the remarks on Amazon about using them for what I intended to do, I have thrown that idea out the door. Some said they were satisfied and a lot said it was a waste of money. And a lot of them said the packing was terrible with the lamp shattered to pieces when opening the box.
I'll just keep doing what I was doing and it will work out OK. By the way, it is my granddaughter that is getting married not my daughter. Hope, if I live long enough, to hold a great grandchild. She waited until finishing college to get married and she has taught math for one year so far in a school here.

I was trying to make you feel younger:)

Yeah im with you, @Malky , For anything less than about 3ftx4ft My projector usually doesnt see any use. I do break it out for even the small stuff on murals though just because I can wirelessly connect to the phone and play with size and position without hauling around a printer. Like the impromptu field mouse addition.
I only do rough sketches of murals that are more like location diagrams that look like they are drawn with a crayon by a 6 year old so you never know how it will be when its done.
I also have a big glass dining room table I got at a yard sale for like $10, its what i paint at but ive certainly stuck a lamp under it to use it to trace with.
Its like a 4'x6' light board. Ive also turned it on its side and projected some mirrored image from behind, which works pretty good for not having to worry about being in the way of the projection while you trace. Great for tiling parts of a 20ft image onto rolls of paper that you can then use outside.

is there something like this but cheaper? Quite good picture for bright room.

The screen is what makes the difference there. Getting something bright enough is not much of a problem these days. Its having your dark spots dark.
Those screens will only reflect focused light from a particular set of angles so they kind of filter out ambient light.
On a white wall or canvas or posterboard or whatever no matter how good the projector is the black areas will still look basically white in a well lit room.

Well Richard you will be mad at me but I got this model at a local flea market for 12 bucks and it will project an image the freaking size of my house I am still learning everything it can do but so far it is awesome.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3M-SHOOT-S...c:USPSPriority!47401!US!-1&_nkw=cp45+3m&rt=nc
You can find them used for about 45 bucks on ebay amazon is more like 180.00
But it is a camcorder , camera and projector all in one. For such a small thing it amazed me .

Hey Malky
Yeah, all I've come up with within my price range is a artograph tracer. I can print a 4x5 picture and use it to transfer. Through Amazon, they are very reasonable. They make one that will reduce 80% and enlarge for larger size. I have some very old film camera lenses that I don't use anymore and might just try making something with them. Lots of adapters so I can reverse the lens if needed for the size I want. Something to play with.
The Artograph tracer style would work OK for me. I have a project coming up that I need accuracy on the project. My granddaughter is getting married this month and she wants me to paint her future husband portrait for a Christmas present. So, I'll have plenty of time to fill the trash can full with rejects. :eek:lollollol
Check out the Artograph ones and since you are more knowledgeable on things of this nature, let me know what you think?????
Maybe can skype later in the day if you are around.

Later
Thats all I use to make my 16x20 inch tracing to paint as for the 5x7 I just print a picture to size and use saran tracing carbon paper under it and draw what I need from the picture

Well Richard you will be mad at me but I got this model at a local flea market for 12 bucks and it will project an image the freaking size of my house I am still learning everything it can do but so far it is awesome.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3M-SHOOT-SHARE-CAMCORDER-PROJECTOR-CP45R-720P-BRAND-NEW-FACTORY-SEALED-RETAIL/282458578729?hash=item41c3d7df29:g:fswAAOSwCQZZCei5:sc:USPSPriority!47401!US!-1&_nkw=cp45 3m&rt=nc
You can find them used for about 45 bucks on ebay amazon is more like 180.00
But it is a camcorder , camera and projector all in one. For such a small thing it amazed me .

Looks like you got a huge deal on that one Herb. My wife decided to buy me one so I got the Artograph Flare 150 with the desk stand. Very expensive but this thing so far has projected down from 5x7" to wall size. With all the desk lights and room lights on, I can still see a good sharp image being it is so bright. I paint mostly 5x7 or 8x10 and it does a fine job of projecting that size. Maybe she got tired of me throwing things across the room from being aggravated with tracings. :eek::eek: Now if I can just make myself paint something that looks good would be a miracle.lol

Back