For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

looks like China is taking over when it comes to bike parts

Discussion in 'Open Bar!' started by Ronald art, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Ronald art

Ronald art Air-Valve Autobot! Very Likeable!

after about 16 years of use I was in need for some new mufflers for my bike and just last weekend the voltmeter on my HD FLH died on me
    I found some good looking chrome mufflers ( the open loud ones) for a decent price and ordered those pipes shipping took 3 weeks and when the pipes came in the mail I looked online to see why it took so long and it turned out they had to come from China
    I looked for a voltmeter that would fit my bike but found out original HD cost a arm and a leg and aftermarket HD parts are not that much cheaper so I went online to look for a water proof voltmeter for boats and bikes and found one that not only would fit but also looked like the one that died on me only with out the HD stamp on the face of the meter but brand new for 25,99 with free shipping I could not let that one slip and ordered that meter before I checked how long shipping would take and it turned out it will take 2 to 3 weeks to ship from China
    the funny thing is I ordered from Dutch companies :D so I did some more digging into this China made thingy and I am quite sure that many after market companies make good use from this but re-brand the parts and double or even triple the price of these parts
    doc1, SiRoxx, Dimitris and 1 other person like this.
  2. Franc Kaiser

Franc Kaiser Detail Decepticon! Very Likeable!

I wouldn't be surprised. Last year I worked with a client who makes brake parts for cars, trucks, and motorbikes; many Chinese producers export a lot of such after-market parts to EU and US; or, int'l brands are sourcing from such OEMs.
    doc1 and Ronald art like this.