For Every Airbrush Artist!

Want to see more forum, less google ads ? Then register for free

Register

low odor airbrush paint? See inside

Discussion in 'Beginners help' started by Dave Harlow, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Dave Harlow

Dave Harlow Guest

Hello,

I have done some airbrush work, I mainly have used Spray cans (as a kid I did alot of Graffiti) I am good at the brush and alot of the same know how carries (well some) I am looking to do a mural on my 8yr olds wall for him, however he has asthma, and obviously I don't want to use a automotive paint, due to fumes and it will take forever to air out (as a kid I did a mural in my first apartment, smelled like spray paint for weeks.. could explain some of my issues heh).
    Anyway I am looking for some direction on what paint would be good and vibrant similar to a spray paint, like Molotaw, Ironlak, etc but in a low odor, ability to be used indoors.
  2. Mr.Micron

Mr.Micron Royal pain in the air hose Staff Member Admin Mod

JackEb and markjthomson like this.
  3. markjthomson

markjthomson AKA QuickDraw and very happy #nobrushleftbehind Staff Member Admin

I can feel the yell starting... water based is the answer...
  4. ad fez

ad fez kind of a big deal = Admington

Yup you need water based....wicked is great for your application.....it does have a negligible bit of solvent in but a small amount which will evaporate on application and cause no issues.....also you could look at etac/grex private stock if you can get it where you are