LUMILOR Paint That Lights Up at The Flip of a Switch

Lol, it's fine for basic intro to moving a gun around.... maybe figuring out the path you would use to do a car.
That's about it.
As practicing clear goes you'd be much better off just buying some cheap lacquer paint of any color or clear to get any real practice.

Lol, it's fine for basic intro to moving a gun around.... maybe figuring out the path you would use to do a car.
That's about it.
As practicing clear goes you'd be much better off just buying some cheap lacquer paint of any color or clear to get any real practice.
Well guess my old compressor forced me to get a new one and if I am lucky I will pick it this month or next month as a last date. I am still planning to get hvlp turbine, but I am tempted to get anni small gun for the time I will need to get the money for hvlp(probably quite some time). Compressor ''will be probably 90 liters'' so that should be enough for small gun.
decisions, decisions....

Well guess my old compressor forced me to get a new one and if I am lucky I will pick it this month or next month as a last date. I am still planning to get hvlp turbine, but I am tempted to get anni small gun for the time I will need to get the money for hvlp(probably quite some time). Compressor ''will be probably 90 liters'' so that should be enough for small gun.
decisions, decisions....
I've still gotta get a turbine setup too and learn to use it.
I know it will come in handy for those away jobs.

I've still gotta get a turbine setup too and learn to use it.
I know it will come in handy for those away jobs.
I am building my equipment, but it is a lot of money if you are a starter. I started with airbrushing I think last year in winter time. Not sure. But I am building each month slowly and I already seeing results. Money is a problem....

I’ve seen a fair bit of LumiLor use on the Coastairbrush Live feeds. Scott MacKay of Thinair Grafix has done some cool designs with it too. It really does have some amazing potential.

I’ve seen a fair bit of LumiLor use on the Coastairbrush Live feeds. Scott MacKay of Thinair Grafix has done some cool designs with it too. It really does have some amazing potential.
I wonder how you can register car painted like that. Or a bike.

Seen some cool stuff with Lumilor, and would love to do one of Coasts courses. But think it's a bit of a beast to master, which is why although it's cool as f#!+, you don't see it around much.

Yeah it's mentioned 5-6 times per show.
"Let's talk about the Eclipse CS by Iwata.."
"Great idea!" says Dave. "It would work great for Lumilor application! Also FB tapes work great when masking up Lumilor! And did I tell you about that time I Lumilored a surfboard? I'm thinking about Lumiloring my shoes!"
Should rename Coast Airbrush to Coast Lumilor and Airbrush Stuff.

That’s true, but I think it’s because Dave is really excited about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the idea of the heat changing paint, but not too sure how long it's effective for. Think it has a fairly short life span, though not sure where I got that from.

I like the idea of the heat changing paint, but not too sure how long it's effective for. Think it has a fairly short life span, though not sure where I got that from.
Well, I can tell you they've put it on hot wheels since the 90's or so... At some point it was reformulated and temp reaction range got more reasonable and it got faster.
Seems to have an ok life span if it's not out in UV all the time...or exposed to very high temps. I would guesstimate at anything over 130f it starts to degrade. If it's hits 150-180 or so one time it's toast.
Just estimates

This brings to mind hypercolor t shirts :)
Everyone had one of those, the best part is it turned squirt gun wars into quasi paintball games.
Hmm husky , I wonder how the heat sensitive dye or paint works out for shirts.... Might be something to look into.

Back