For Every Airbrush Artist!

Want to see more forum, less google ads ? Then register for free

Register

Me, as an airbrush

Discussion in 'Airbrushes' started by 2Diverse, Nov 22, 2021.

1. 2Diverse

2Diverse AAD Brushaholic Very Likeable!

I bought this Thayer & Chandler Model A brush for two reasons. The 2nd is it reminds me of me. I’m old. Although I do look like I have most of my life the ”lustre” is no longer therelol.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I plan to make a display case for this one and put it on a shelf. I’ll only display the brush and the original cup. The chrome cup will go with my other T&C Model A.

The first, and most important, reason I bought this brush was to get this:

[​IMG]
    It’s a cup for a Binks Raven. I have a Raven that has some parts for the Chameleon set up but it didn’t come with a cup. I recently had a friend on a model forum give me an Aztek plastic cup that fits but an OEM part fills the place in the case for it. WooHoo:D.

[​IMG]

The last pic will be from the listing. The black cup is easy to over-look.
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2021
    huskystafford, DaveG, SiRoxx and 2 others like this.
  2. Joe pulvirenti

Joe pulvirenti Spider Splatterer

Hi there that's a nice looking brush is it in working condition.
    jord001 and 2Diverse like this.
  3. jord001

jord001 Air-Valve Autobot!

Another AAD member :) Nice little airbrush you got there. Does it spray? Its nice to have them working even if you just have it on display. I have a B and C I think. Unfortunately you don't see them much on eBay in the UK. I'm happy with my 2.
    2Diverse and SiRoxx like this.
  4. DaveG

DaveG Airbush Analyst Very Likeable!

Yes, it can be quite interesting the "other" stuff one can find in a case with a used brush. Nice score on that Raven cup! The model A is a nice, well used piece. The head assembly is probably the same vintage as the silver cup, not the brush itself (70's/80's on the cup, maybe 40's on the brush)... I have one that is about as worn, there is a bit more Nickel still on the body. Everyplace the users fingers held the brush are not only brass, but also feature a slight deformation from being worn away - like divots. Works like a charm.
    jord001 and 2Diverse like this.
  5. 2Diverse

It came Saturday around 2. I went to my brothers around 2:30. Got home around 7 Sunday night. I worked today. All I've had time to do with it is unbox it, make sure it had everything, and take the pics. I'll be cleaning it up and testing it in a few days.

I'd like to see the T&C C brush you have Jord if you could post a pic. I've owned many A models and a couple Bs but I do not know what a C would be:confused:.

That was my guess Dave. I'm fairly certain the rubber protective cap is a more current item too. I believe the older ones had a metal one. I'll come across a spare metal one at some point. Took over a year to find the Raven cup, but I did find one:D.
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2021
    jord001 likes this.
  6. 2Diverse

I started to try to disassemble this brush. As with most old T&C brushes the tube shank is pretty much stuck. I know how to get them loose. Force isn't an option as I've learned the hard way:cry:. It takes time and finesse. I will get it out, hopefully intactlol.

The head assembly (nozzle cap) is also stuck. It will require a bit of finesse too. They aren't as hard to loosen as the tube shank is.
    jord001 and DaveG like this.
  7. jord001

jord001 Air-Valve Autobot!

@2Diverse I'm sorry to grab your interest in a C model, I made a mistake, its an A so you've seen one before. I was too lazy to go upstairs and take it out of the box and even wrote A and B then thought is it a C so I changed it. I'm sure DaveG would have a C if there is one about.
    Here's my B https://www.airbrushforum.org/threads/new-toys.22788/ You will need to scroll down a few posts.
    2Diverse likes this.
  8. 2Diverse

Thank you for the post Lee.

You have a fine collection there, including the B.

I'm still on the lookout for a Super 63. Aren't easy to find here and pricey to buy from the UK because of the dollar to pound exchange rate.
    jord001 likes this.
  9. 2Diverse

This brush has been nothing but contrary:mad:. I have not been able to remove the tube shank yet even with my tried and true method.
    I did get the head assembly off but it was on really tight. Come to find out that when I tried to reinsert it it would not tighten flush with the shell. I'd have to crank it on with pliers which I won't do. As Dave mentioned, the head assembly is newer than the brush. I'm thinking it is a Badger 150 assembly, that may be why it won't fit.

I have my eye out for some genuine T&C parts, or another model A with extras, to try to get this one spraying.

It will be going in my ultrasonic cleaner and hopefully that may help. And I can come across some A parts.

At least I got the Raven cuplol.
    jord001 likes this.
  10. DaveG

DaveG Airbush Analyst Very Likeable!

they can be difficult. I had one that not only started to twisted the tube shank, but created a bulge in the body. Never did get it out. Needless to say, it is trash now...
    2Diverse likes this.
  11. 2Diverse

I'll keep at it til I get it or kill it. Just a bit frustrating Dave. I am taking my time with it, so farlol.
    DaveG likes this.
  12. 2Diverse

Success!!!:D

Got it out without ruining it. Cool beanies.
    [​IMG]
    DaveG and Lance Whitford like this.