For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

micron nozzle still has some life in it

Discussion in 'Open Bar!' started by Ronald art, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Ronald art

Ronald art Air-Valve Autobot! Very Likeable!

my HP was giving me a little trouble yesterday and I couldnt pull fine lines any more like the micron with the 4 year old worn nozzle so I was thinking what are the odds 2 nozzles down with in a month ??? well next to nothing I thought so something else must be going on
    I spray with real low pressure and I need to remind myself to turn up the pressure when I clean a airbrush if I forget that paint will build up in the nozzle cap seeing as I could not remember if I had turned up the pressure I removed the nozzle cap and found dried paint in the cap cleaned it out and the HP worked fine again
    this made me wonder about the micron nozzle cap it is smaller than the cap on the HP and it is impossible for me to see if there is any dried paint in it but I can get in with a small brush soaked in alcohol I put the cap on some kitchen towel so I could see if the alcohol turned color ans behold it came out looking blackish like the last paint I used a quick soak in a little methanol and a clean out with the paintbrush and back on the micron it went and I could pull fine lines again not as fine as I could do with a new nozzle but fine enough to use it till the new nozzle comes in the mail :)
    now I could blame my cold , the hassle in the family, or what ever else I can think off but it all comes down to 1 thing only : my stupid brain damage and the loss of my short term memory and before any one comes up with the idea of putting up little notes to help me remember : I tried that and I still forget to do it
    J000seph, jord001 and SiRoxx like this.
  2. jord001

jord001 Air-Valve Autobot!

"wait a few weeks and I will remember". My Friend and airbrush mentor said that to me after he had a brain tumor removed and suffered short term memory loss, He has a strange sense of humour. He puts notes everywhere still, its been 25 years, and his memory is still rubbish short term but he can remember stuff from years back no problems.
    Good news on the nozzle though Ron, just some dried paint. And you have an "ok" spare when you get the new one.

Lee
  3. Ronald art

cheers Lee I just had that one "aha" moment you need when your memory is rubbish and it can indeed take a few weeks till I remember were I left my tools :)
    and without a strange kind of humor life after what ever brain damage would be no fun
    JackEb likes this.
  4. Jurien72

Jurien72 Have Airbrush - Will Travel! Very Likeable!

My girlfriend and I were just discussing this the other day. She had a stroke and has trouble with her memory. The good news is, she can hide her own Easter Eggs! Once she goes inside she has no idea where she put them!
  5. Ronald art

I know all about it , I can spend hours looking for stuff I just had in my hands and put aside for a moment at first I was letting it get to me and frustrate me but those days are over now I just stop looking and wait till I stumble over it
  6. Jurien72

Jurien72 Have Airbrush - Will Travel! Very Likeable!

Yeah its pretty frustrating for her. The car keys have been missing for over a year. She tries to have designated spots for stuff, but she can't even remember that.
  7. Ronald art

I know it is real frustrating I do try to keep designated spots for my stuff but it is like it is you forget that spot but there is some light at the end of the tunnel ! : if I need to find stuff from a year ago like a passport I do remember when I needed it last and then it is a matter of time till the little pieces fall in to place and I start to remember what coat I was wearing , what pocket did I put the passport in and where did I left that coat
    needless to say I need to think way ahead off myself if I need to find something and it can take days or weeks before i know where to look