Micron vs. rest of the world

now I'm dumber than I was earlier :)

hahahahah - you are just overthinking it. As stated earlier, for use on the HP-C Plus, you are better off using the nozzle cap from an Iwata HP-BH. The original part number is I 140-7. If you order from an online retailer, ask them to remove the cap from the package and confirm that it will fit the HP-C+ body before shipping.

If getting a .2 nozzle cap is too difficult, put your .3 nozzle back in, and try the brush like that. It may just surprise you.

I bought hpc+ as 0.2 airbrush. Now I'm not sure what nozzle they sold me. I didn't swap anything. Iwata claims that all HP brushes have l1401 (H2) or l1403 (H3) nozzle cap, also hp-bh suits both! That's what is showed in the official tables. I will order hp-bh nozzle cap, eventually send it back.

see the last text on both pictures

Screenshot_2020-05-17 Iwata%20High%20Performance%20Plus%20HP%2dC%20Plus.png

Screenshot_2020-05-17 Iwata%20High%20Performance%20Plus%20HP%2dSB%20Plus.png

now I wonder if 0.2 is more capable of detail work... And why sb is more money :(

I'll have to get back into my studio to take photos to compare - My initial impression is that you have the .3 on the HP-C+. They charge more for the SB, mostly because they can. They used to be about the same price, way back when...

I use a .2 HP-B for about 80% of my work (I threw a sample here for reference ), even though I own a few Microns. I just find that the .2 works well enough for most of what I do, while still remaining a bit more forgiving to use than a Miron.
pine warbler1.jpg

In the end, a lot of it will come down to the relationship you develop with the brush you are using. The more you get to know exactly what it will do, the more comfortable you will be doing it. There is no way to predict what that one brush will be for you, though...

Last edited:
I'll have to get back into my studio to take photos to compare - My initial impression is that you have the .3 on the HP-C+. They charge more for the SB, mostly because they can. They used to be about the same price, way back when...

I use a .2 HP-B for about 80% of my work (I threw a sample here for reference ), even though I own a few Microns. I just find that the .2 works well enough for most of what I do, while still remaining a bit more forgiving to use than a Miron.
View attachment 62646

In the end, a lot of it will come down to the relationship you develop with the brush you are using. The more you get to know exactly what it will do, the more comfortable you will be doing it. There is no way to predict what that one brush will be for you, though...
now you made me wonder why you don't post your work more often. This looks amazing.

Back