MITCH Backs the OLYMPOS AirBrushes

F

frank artale

Well hello to Everyone in Orange Land.
As you may or may not know.
I sent Mitch Lowther the Olympos Micron mp-200c .23
& the Olympos "special" SP-B .18
AS SOON AS I SENT THEM , this whole question of authenticity arose from a video on youtube claiming these were perhaps FAKE or NOT what they once were.
Nothing is further from the truth.
This morning I recieved his response.
He has thoroughly tested the both of them. He will post a video review in a couple of weeks.
I asked for his permission to tell you guys and he said absolutely .
So here are a few of his comments

1. I love the SP-B, it's extremely comfortable and feels incredible, it's a really nice little gun.
2. The best gun I've tried at this price point (270 u.s. sp-b)(169mp-200c)
3. I was able to pull finer lines with both of them than I could with my Iwata CM-C
4. Gets less tip dry than the iwata surprisingly.

Let me know what you guys think.
I am having a website developed now . Should be up in a couple weeks. I'll post it here when its ready.

I almost wonder if the tip dry is due to the 3 hole system in the head and the way it atomizes off the tip of the needle. I would almost think if the air is hitting the needle thus drying it faster then blowing past the needle and dragging the paint out. Which could also explain the shorter head than an Iwata. Just thinking out loud. Glad to hear the good news Frank.

I almost wonder if the tip dry is due to the 3 hole system in the head and the way it atomizes off the tip of the needle. I would almost think if the air is hitting the needle thus drying it faster then blowing past the needle and dragging the paint out. Which could also explain the shorter head than an Iwata. Just thinking out loud. Glad to hear the good news Frank.
yeah we could debate than one allday.
But if you think about it the 3 holes are just seperating the air prior to pressurizing the inside of the cap before it exits around the nozzle. But hey just a thought. I think its the needle taper. BUT he said on both guns, and one has a long taper, one has a short taper. One has a 3hole head one has the circle shape thing I explained in the video. So who knows :)

yeah we could debate than one allday.
But if you think about it the 3 holes are just seperating the air prior to pressurizing the inside of the cap before it exits around the nozzle. But hey just a thought. I think its the needle taper. BUT he said on both guns, and one has a long taper, one has a short taper. One has a 3hole head one has the circle shape thing I explained in the video. So who knows :)
I have an HP-BC2 that was boasted as an awesome t-shirt brush and the needle has a real short tapper to it and I found it was good for only wide spraying but not dagger strokes. It also worke good for outlining block and Graffiti Lettering but of no use for dagger stroke for fur or hair. The longer tapper I think helps with these strokes.

i'll keep that in mind. i think the more reviews the better

I think many people would like to play, and see for themselves how good they are, but I think poor frank would go bankrupt lol.

poor poor me. hopefully together we can make it so i will be able to give a few more away

Good to hear frank,might just have to pick one up soon!
Ive Wanted a micron type brush for a while now just cant see forking out that much cash at the moment! mitch's review should help out in sales a little bit at the least

So, if I understood it right, what you mean is that if I want a micron, I won't have to buy a Iwata cm-sb?, buying an olympos 100 sb will be the same, but cheaper. I really want to buy a micron, I was watching cm-sb v1, what do you recomend? Buy a cm-sb v1, a cm-sb v2, H&S infinity or olympos 100 sb?
Pd: money it's not an issue
Thanx

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

So, if I understood it right, what you mean is that if I want a micron, I won't have to buy a Iwata cm-sb?, buying an olympos 100 sb will be the same, but cheaper. I really want to buy a micron, I was watching cm-sb v1, what do you recomend? Buy a cm-sb v1, a cm-sb v2, H&S infinity or olympos 100 sb?
Thanx

The reason I wanted a micron is so I can spray at a lower psi and by what frank said the Olympus will do that better then the micron and at a lower cost,But the micron is THE AIRBRUSH all others are judged by for lower pressure detail work hence the price

Thanx

The Olympos hp-100sb is just an HP model. They unfortunately do not have the side feed micron or special available.
I would only be able to gladly recommend the iwata cm-sb if it is a side feed you want

The reason I wanted a micron is so I can spray at a lower psi and by what frank said the Olympus will do that better then the micron and at a lower cost,But the micron is THE AIRBRUSH all others are judged by for lower pressure detail work hence the price
The SP-B will spray at lower pressure because of the better air set up. But it is close. The iwata is an exceptional airbrush. But the Olympos is an excellent option that I think some will agree is better.
Mitch has already made some very positive things about the one I sent him. His video review is coming soon

Finer lines with Olymposes... Certainly, what we could expect! Olympos ABs have smaller nozzle holes, though both brands (iwata and Olympos) state their nozzles for micron type ABs as 0,18 and 0,23mm. But everyone can judge oneself, comparing the nozzles from different brands ABs. I did that comparison and can say what I say:)
But smaller nozzles work good for transparent paint, not for opaques. I don't know what's your experience though. I use urethanes only.
Less tip dryo_O I don't know, actually. How can longer taper produce less tip dry? But honestly ALL of my needle are polished so I can't say how factory stock needles work.
I don't like Olympos needles in micron type ABs for their enormously long taper and shape, which is conic. Iwata has better shape for the needle taper, which isn't that easily bent as Olympos needles, but at the time it's a bit short for me. But all this issues I solve without any issues;) It's not an issue for me to have that certain taper of the needle I need.

To Airbrush Dreams. Concerning longer taper, yes they work for us those long tapers! I did it first to HP-BC1 and it's become much better AB for fine work, this year I've got myself steel bottom cups for these ABs and I think they'll become one of my favorite airbrush models.
I also did longer tapers for all my ABs with 0,5mm nozzles including Eclipse, but haven't tried them yet. I'll definitely let you all know how they work, but a bit later, in a month or so. I don't have any time for ABing now.

I'll also share my experience with my MP-200 A, which I have for a couple of month already, but haven't even tried it's spraying:) Though the airbrush is prepared for urethanes, has polished needle and trigger pad of new type and soft spring. I can't make any more tuning for that;) Now I'm eager to try it:)

To Frank. I thought to shoot you a PM, but will say it here:) Frank, maybe you will order some SP-A? If you will agree with Toshi on very good price for the model and will sell it in the US for less price, maybe I'll buy it from you in future. Now I'm done with buying Olymposes, as I have eight of nine of them:) I don't like those gravity cups, but SP-A just doesn't have one, so the model is on my wish list.

Finer lines with Olymposes... Certainly, what we could expect! Olympos ABs have smaller nozzle holes, though both brands (iwata and Olympos) state their nozzles for micron type ABs as 0,18 and 0,23mm. But everyone can judge oneself, comparing the nozzles from different brands ABs. I did that comparison and can say what I say:)
But smaller nozzles work good for transparent paint, not for opaques. I don't know what's your experience though. I use urethanes only.
Less tip dryo_O I don't know, actually. How can longer taper produce less tip dry? But honestly ALL of my needle are polished so I can't say how factory stock needles work.
I don't like Olympos needles in micron type ABs for their enormously long taper and shape, which is conic. Iwata has better shape for the needle taper, which isn't that easily bent as Olympos needles, but at the time it's a bit short for me. But all this issues I solve without any issues;) It's not an issue for me to have that certain taper of the needle I need.

To Airbrush Dreams. Concerning longer taper, yes they work for us those long tapers! I did it first to HP-BC1 and it's become much better AB for fine work, this year I've got myself steel bottom cups for these ABs and I think they'll become one of my favorite airbrush models.
I also did longer tapers for all my ABs with 0,5mm nozzles including Eclipse, but haven't tried them yet. I'll definitely let you all know how they work, but a bit later, in a month or so. I don't have any time for ABing now.

I'll also share my experience with my MP-200 A, which I have for a couple of month already, but haven't even tried it's spraying:) Though the airbrush is prepared for urethanes, has polished needle and trigger pad of new type and soft spring. I can't make any more tuning for that;) Now I'm eager to try it:)

To Frank. I thought to shoot you a PM, but will say it here:) Frank, maybe you will order some SP-A? If you will agree with Toshi on very good price for the model and will sell it in the US for less price, maybe I'll buy it from you in future. Now I'm done with buying Olymposes, as I have eight of nine of them:) I don't like those gravity cups, but SP-A just doesn't have one, so the model is on my wish list.
I agree with alot of what you are saying.
I am testing the Olympos microns & the SP-B with transparents. They definitely spray much better than the opaques.
Also I agree with the needle polishing. I believe that it works.
The SP-A is a definite possibility.
I have done some more testing with both the mp-200c & the SP-B and have found by switching the aircaps they both spray even better.
I messaged Mitch to try it.
example i put the .23 aircap on the .18 sp-b and it sprays 100% better.
Then i put the .18 cap from the sp-b on the .23 mp-200c and it sprayed 200% better.
When I get the site finished and the shipment in. I plan to sell them this way. I also am going to polish the needles and adjust the trigger action the way i show in my video.
I am trying to sell the best airbrush possible. With the changes I have made I am much more confident in the Olympos airbrushes than ever before.
Plus I'll will be the only one selling them like this !

I agree with alot of what you are saying.
I am testing the Olympos microns & the SP-B with transparents. They definitely spray much better than the opaques.
Also I agree with the needle polishing. I believe that it works.
The SP-A is a definite possibility.
I have done some more testing with both the mp-200c & the SP-B and have found by switching the aircaps they both spray even better.
I messaged Mitch to try it.
example i put the .23 aircap on the .18 sp-b and it sprays 100% better.
Then i put the .18 cap from the sp-b on the .23 mp-200c and it sprayed 200% better.
When I get the site finished and the shipment in. I plan to sell them this way. I also am going to polish the needles and adjust the trigger action the way i show in my video. AND teflon needle packing on them all.
I am trying to sell the best airbrush possible. With the changes I have made I am much more confident in the Olympos airbrushes than ever before.
Plus I'll will be the only one selling them like this !

I think many people would like to play, and see for themselves how good they are, but I think poor frank would go bankrupt lol.
If I had not just bought 2 microns I would have folded by now, for sure :) have a huge tax bill now that has stopped me purchasing any toys for some time!!! You know its big when the house gets remortaged :)

Back