Morning from the South East

750rk

Young Tutorling
Morning all

I had my first Airbrush, a Rich AB300 for my 15th birthday back in 1989 which was used in my Design and Realisation classes at school. This airbrush went missing when I was 23 and is either in the house or an Ex stole it, I suspect the latter. If anyone has an 80's AB300 for sale I'm interested.

So fast forward to now and I've just started to spray some old car parts and picked up a couple of Devilbiss FLG5 spray guns which are a lot better then the 3 LVLP Ebay specials I had been using and thought I should pick up some Airbrushes and give them a try again so found an old Sogolee AB300 (that seems to be Japanese made) on Ebay for £30 in Germany and had that, then found a company selling a new Rich AB200 for £58 and a new Rich AB300 for £68 so snapped them up. Didn't need a compressor as I already have a 14cfm Vertical to run my Air tools from working on Motorbikes and old cars.

So my interests as far as airbrushes are concerned are touch ups on old trucks and motorcycles and paint jobs on RC Cars as I have about 18 Tamiya's mainly vintages.

I have some Vintage Tamiya's, They are stored at my Dad's in a big box, and I haven't opened it for 22 years! I have 2 of the original Audi Quatro's, Ford Ranger, Lunchbox, Falcon, I also have a Kyosho 4wd buggy, I cant think If I still have a Hornet, I did have a few! I know I have some more chassis and parts for other models.
Making some space for them on shelves in the garage but not sure If I want them in the garage or want them in my spare room.
I want to go and get them now...

Lee

Welcome from Australia :)
sounds like you already have a swag of airbrushes, we have a few here that have some vintage brushes, so if you ever need help with them then you should have a good brains trust to call on. @DaveG has the best collection by far and he'll likely suggest slight modifications you can make that will take them into the 21st century.

if you pop you location in your profile it will help us if you need help sourcing local supplies

I have some Vintage Tamiya's, They are stored at my Dad's in a big box, and I haven't opened it for 22 years! I have 2 of the original Audi Quatro's, Ford Ranger, Lunchbox, Falcon, I also have a Kyosho 4wd buggy, I cant think If I still have a Hornet, I did have a few!

Lee

Nice collection. If you ever want to sell, let me know.

Off the top of my head Toyota 3speed, Lancia Rally, Falcon, Hornet, Mud Blaster, Monster Beetle, Terra Scorcher, Thundershot, Manta Ray, Baja Champ, Re-released Sand Scorcher, Rough Rider, Super champ, LunchBox, Frog, Fox, Boomerang, Super Hotshot and a few others.

I like my toys.

I should hopefully be starting the build of a largish garden workshop this year which will give me more space to work and play.

Nice collection, Sorry but I wont be letting mine go. Make sure you put up loads of shelves one for each model That's what I have planned. Enough space for the car and accessories on each one. I always wanted the Toyota pickup with the gears, I also wanted the Sand Scorcher and the Cheetah, only money stopped me, Still does! Did the Subaru Brat have the same gearbox setup?

Your into bikes and cars too, great. There's a few bikers here and some car enthusiasts too.

Lee

Back