My 9th attempt at THE EYE (Beginner)

F

fuaxd91

So i took my 9th stab at the eye tutorial, There is a lot more room for improvement but i'm always open to some critic :D!

IMG_1335.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1336.JPG
    IMG_1336.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 398
IMG_1337.JPG

From top left to bottom right. (attempt 3 -5 shows the frustration of epic fails lol)

Your eye looks pretty good. Remember its just a practise piece and you will also have good and bad days airbrushing.

Lee

I think you're coming along nicely. Maybe move on to another project and then take a stab at the eye down the road. When you come back to it, you'll be amazed at your improvement, and tackling another project will help you figure out what else you need to work on.

Thanks a bunch guys! Your kind words are a real confidence booster. Foreveryoung, i see what you mean, i'll take on the next project for sure! Cheers!

one of the things I battle with is TABT's ability to use his hand as a shield. I am still practicing and just the way he gets clean, smooth lines is amazing. bottom line - keep up the god work and keep practising :) already we can see the great results of your practising

one of the things I battle with is TABT's ability to use his hand as a shield. I am still practicing and just the way he gets clean, smooth lines is amazing. bottom line - keep up the god work and keep practising :) already we can see the great results of your practising

jeez i thought i was the only one! It's sooo difficult, i used my hand as a stencil for the left corner of the eye but i very lightly dusted the outline and then went in for the kill, maybe that'll help, unless you thought of it already lol. Thanks! I've got practice tunnel vision goggles on right now, i've set myself some goals and thus far i'm getting them. Cheers for the support!:tears_of_joy:

I CANNOT use my hand to shield!!! Either my hands are just the wrong shape or my brain isn't wired that way. I can't get my hand or fingers to lay so that paint is clean, I get all kinds of underspray and odd shapes Lol. But don't worry, keep doing what you're doing and as you get more comfortable and confident you'll either nail it or find your own way. I think your eye is pretty cool, and I agree, try something else, then come back and amaze yourself in a couple of weeks when you try it again. It's a great way to see your progression, and keep motivated. Don't forget to keep up with all the exercises too, they really are the foundation for everything you'll do, and is a good way to loosen up before tackling a picture.

I think you're coming along nicely. Maybe move on to another project and then take a stab at the eye down the road. When you come back to it, you'll be amazed at your improvement, and tackling another project will help you figure out what else you need to work on.
hi there i agree with forever young, i did the same struggle with the eye until i decided to leave it, and do skulls and all kind of fun stuff and i come back to the eye after a while and i could see how i develop and i was pleased with the progress and how it come out. so keep on spraying and have fun.
Alf

Cheers guys! I'm going to take on the cameron tutorial soon (working super long hours the past and next few days), i want to get my dagger stokes down and that seems like good practice

Wow! Great improvement. I too have been working hard at eyes. The Airbrush Tutor def helped me.

I am no expert when it comes to this eye thing, but I have found, at least in most cases, all of the above to be true. Perhaps someone else can chime in and correct me if I am wrong. I have only been drawing for two years and never had any formal training in art at all, but this did help me once I figured it out and now maybe it will help you as well. Here are a couple examples of drawn eyes that might help also.

the first one is the one I drew and the second is the original photo.

View attachment 23064 View attachment 23065
View attachment 23066 View attachment 23067

your work shows a steady improvement that can be seen on the photos , well done :) , when doing dagger strokes i still have to keep repeating to myself 'do not pull away' :tongue-new:

wow! really nice progress! I can identify with your frustration as well...LOL....I do the same thing.

looks good enough to me, im beginner as well im just starting from zero, how longs take you to reach that poing?

looks good enough to me, im beginner as well im just starting from zero, how longs take you to reach that poing?

do you know why so many people have looked at your thread...because people like a fighter, someone who does not give up...nine attempts... awesome...well done.

Hi 91
Can I ask how you did the lettering did you mask it etc

The lettering is already on the sheet when you print it out, it's Mitch's eye tut.:)

They all look like eyes to me, so there is absolutely no question of epic failure here, your making progress and that's what's important, just keep plodding away at it, but feel free to try other stuff you might like, you can spend too much time on something like this and then you end up struggling with other things.

And try have a little more self confidence, we have.

Whoa! @foreveryoung001 is back!! Welcome back lol.
I for one, can your progress thata for sure. As stated above, we all have our off days, as much as I airbrush, I still make rookie mistakes (just did 2 weeks ago).
As for my hand being a shield? Oh yeah, daily lolol

your structure of the eye looks great.just work your shading and highlights. fading lines/dots and textures make a huge improvement but, like the others said maybe move on to another project then come back to it. I use my hand a lot too but, not to lay flat and use as a stencil. I just spray over my hand and use it to control the over spray on one side of the line I am working. makes for a cleaner edge. lay your thumb down lightly and hold your AB back a few inches and spray. you'll see a cleaner edge on the silhouette of your thumb..
keep at it

Back