My Journey

Kingpin

AKA, SIR KingPin
Staff member
Mod
In honour of Tuffnutz thread I have decided to start My own thread of My future projects. Please feel free to offer any critique/advice/tips/ideas along the way, I have a thick skin so can take it :)

This is My 1st piece here (actually about My 4th in total)

The inspiration is from Evil dead 2
A3 synthetic paper, Com-art Paints, and My new Platinum-V2-PS-289
Took about 18hours and I am still undecided wether to add the evil dead lettering to it, I tried it and messed it up, it was also too small, You can probably make it out in the picture.
20210530_193458.jpg

20210618_172242.jpg

20210628_165856.jpg

Last edited:
starting your own thread with your journey is a great way for you (and other newbies) to see your progress.

Would you mind if I moved it to the 'artist log' section ?
You are doing really well, once you understand the basics then all any of us really do is just practise and try out things and practise some more lol

the hardest thing about doing textures is the randomness of them, its really hard to paint 'random' !!
have a look around, is there something that could be used ? green dish scrubbing pads work well if you 'peel' some of the layers off,
Onion bags, cotton balls that have been teased out, stockings, have a look around your home with fresh eyes. anything with holes in it that can be sprayed through is a potential new object for the tool box :)

starting your own thread with your journey is a great way for you (and other newbies) to see your progress.

Would you mind if I moved it to the 'artist log' section ?
You are doing really well, once you understand the basics then all any of us really do is just practise and try out things and practise some more lol

the hardest thing about doing textures is the randomness of them, its really hard to paint 'random' !!
have a look around, is there something that could be used ? green dish scrubbing pads work well if you 'peel' some of the layers off,
Onion bags, cotton balls that have been teased out, stockings, have a look around your home with fresh eyes. anything with holes in it that can be sprayed through is a potential new object for the tool box :)

You can move it You want, no problem :)
Thanks Everyone :)

Just completed My Adam Frankenstein practise skull, Painted on photopaper with createx paints using My new badger Krome :)
I reckon with lots and lots of practice I might get half decent at this Airbrushing lark :)20220601_211746b.jpg

20230124_152345.jpg
Com-Art paints out of My Badger arrow 105 on gessoed board

20230118_174456.jpg
A4 yupo paper with createx paints and creos PS289

20230411_172334.jpg
gessoed A2 bristol board with golden high flow paint and PS289

I love My arrow, I bought the 0.3mm super detail conversion kit to go with it :) It feels so right in My chunky fingers :cool: lol

Ok, the the next project I decided to have a go at another movie poster, I liked the look of Halloween kills so had a crack at this one :)
Also bought some A2 bristol board along with Createx paint out of My PS-289. Took about 10 hours or so at a guess :)
2nYscVR.jpg

dak4txS.jpg

BBGvSqY.jpg

hE7rxe1.jpg

Hk1EBQV.jpg

Nice work! Im a big Mike Myers fan love that poster of Halloween Kills!! maybe i will get to that level one of these days!

Back