My New Packings Finally Shipped!!!

crewchief227

Needle-chuck Ninja
I finally got my ship notification today for my 2 new needle packings for my Microns, and my .2mm conversion set for my HP-CH from Coast. Well I had to call them yesterday, because after two weeks I had still not received my shipped email. Turns out they were holding back my order because I also have a Bloodline Master Set coming someday as well, but Coast is still waiting themselves.

Anyways, I got the Microns seals for two reasons, they are chewed, and screwed. You see before I got my iwata tool set, I used a #1 Phillips screwdriver that was just long enough to undo my packings, and before that I just stuck old needles in the side cutaway and turned them free. So because of this the grooves are chewed up, and because I was just guessing when I put them back in, I'm afraid that I have over-compressed them, and their flaired out. Like this
20190125_171759-01.jpeg

So yeah it's time, especially if I'm to make the tool kit worth it. lol

Cool, you will have to tell us about the .2 conversion. I'm sure your micron will be happier with the new parts.
I will, cause I was real curious how it will go up against my .23 CM-C+V2. I have replaced quite a few parts in the last few months on my Microns to get back up in almost new shape, needles, nozzles, air caps, and now packings. The last phase will be preference parts like air valve springs, and maybe a trigger from @DaveG . The .2mm kit we'll see if it resides in my CH, cause I already have a new .3mm nozzle, and needle, that I bought when I got my CH, as I like to keep an extra set of those on hand for all my brushes. Usually I have at least 2 micron needles on hand in each size, right now I only have 1 of each size because I'm waiting on the Space Needle to go into production. :whistling::thumbsup:

They're here!!!!:D:thumbsup: Just got done converting the CH, gonna go give her a spin. The bottom three are what you get from Coast, the top two are packings for my Microns, which currently have paint in them, so I'll switch the packings at the end of the day.
20190128_132812-01.jpeg

Back