For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

My start into pinstriping

Discussion in 'Pinstriping' started by Tocean, Nov 11, 2018.

1. SiRoxx

SiRoxx Party Boy UK Style Very Likeable!

You’re absolutely right about them going hand in hand. Particularly as my interest is in Custom Painting, gotta learn to stripe those flames lol. Just as I start to get a grip on reducing paint for airbrushing I’ll be starting from scratch reducing it to stripe lol. I’m looking forward to giving it a go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CALz AyrWKz likes this.
  2. Tocean

Tocean Needle-chuck Ninja Very Likeable!

Hey those lines looks great:thumbsup: what brush are you using? Sorry for late reply I've got rushed out of town for work last month, so no practice for me - airbrush or striping:cry: Always when I'm on a roll, oh well it will be there when I get back:D

3. Tocean

What kind of vector program are you using? Was going to buy a graphtec plotter next year, I really liked Flexisign years ago as the vector was user friendly but I heard they went to the cloud platform like Adobe, Illustrator is a pain in the ass.
    SiRoxx likes this.
  4. SiRoxx

SiRoxx Party Boy UK Style Very Likeable!

I’ve started pretty basic with an App called Vectornator for IPad. They have some good tutorial videos and it seems like a decent programme. I have the Apple Pencil too, just need to find the time to sit and practice using it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tocean likes this.
  5. Dimitris

Dimitris Mac-Valve Maestro! Very Likeable!

@Tocean could you please explain to me what's that pure odorless paint thinner? My guess is that's for reducing your 1 shot paints but where is it commonly used to know where to ask it hereby...
    After 1 month I was able to find neatsfoot oil but I think i should also get 1 of this in case I need it...
    Tocean likes this.
  6. CALz AyrWKz

CALz AyrWKz Moderator Mod

Oderless mineral oil is what I've been using. I'm using a Blue Mack 000 sword brush right now. One Shot also makes its own reducers. But I find that the oderless mineral oil works just fine too.
    Dimitris likes this.
  7. CALz AyrWKz

CALz AyrWKz Moderator Mod

You almost always need to trim your brush when you first get it. But, make sure you watch a video or something before you do. Because you can trim too much off and ruin your brush.
    Dimitris likes this.
  8. Dimitris

appreciate your help @CALz AyrWKz . Watched some very informative vids on youtube about triming the brushes, didn't knew about that procedure.

Although I must be a bit stupid :D cause I yet can't understand what's oderless mineral oil is...:)
    I did find this:

51533567_10216762572324245_8469962291268288512_n.jpg
    which is low odour solvent and says it's suitable for oil and alkyd colors, increases blending time,
    and got this one too:
  9. Dimitris

51395616_10216762572044238_5594611716731174912_n.jpg
    which says odorless white spirit. But I think that's used for cleaning the brushes, not for reducing the paint.
  10. Tocean

Hello Dimitris sorry for the late reply been in and out of town, I think it's all the same -

Mineral spirits, white spirits, or it can be called paint thinner, none of it is truly odorless, I found a box fan set up by where you are painting helps.

I think you can also use turpentine, and one shot has it's own reducer, I found regular paint thinner works fine, just have to get to that sweet spot.
    doc1 likes this.
  11. Tocean

Got some time the last week to get some practice in, now to find the time to get the AB going again, weird I was feeling good with the scrollers, broke out the dagger and was loading up with to much paint(may have thinned the paint to much to), but changing back the scroller was feeling weird not being able to load the brush up enough, think I need a trim it up but I'll keep rotating through the 4 brushes I have. I'm going into these with no idea where I'm going with the design lol picked up some white yesterday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    doc1, SiRoxx and MeeshellMP like this.
  12. MeeshellMP

MeeshellMP Goddess Queen of carts Mod

The Wizard has a great DVD that you can purchase, I bought one, but just havent been practicing
    Tocean and doc1 like this.