New and sooooo green

F

forrey

Hi.
My better half who is an artist got a airbrush years age and never got it to work. For some reason I picked it up the other week and worked out why it was not working, and after finding airbrushtutor.com I have spent more time going to airbrush web sites than I should have when there is beer to drink. So I'm gonna start with the dots & lines.
Forrey

Hi forrey welcome aboard. Don't worry you don't have to choose between beer and airbrushing, you can just combine the two. You can use the excuse that a little bit of beer, relaxes your muscles making your movements less stiff and more natural, giving you better results when practising Lol. And too much beer if there is such a thing, will open your mind to allow the creativity to come through lol.

Welcome home Forrey , Hell drink beer while you surface the site it just makes it that much more fun to read :D Maybe cause most of us drink while posting :D
Now tells us What kind of airbrush is it? does it have a name:D
what paints are you planning on using?
dot and daggers are the best place to start then SKULLS why skulls cause they just rock!

Thanks, All advice on beer drinking accepted .
The airbrush is a Iwata HP-CS and paint is Createx.
Skulls Hmmmmmm you don't know my wife, she has a collection of sculls and bones, Moose, Deer, Eagle that are incorporated into her art. Me I'm just trying to keep my head on my shoulders.
Just finished a bunch of dots and lines,My hand hurts.
Forrey.

Skulls Hmmmmmm you don't know my wife, she has a collection of sculls and bones, Moose, Deer, Eagle that are incorporated into her art. Me I'm just trying to keep my head on my shoulders.
Forrey.
You was tense due to thinking of the process so you had a death grip on it.
If you can pick up some Wicked (made by createx ) but better then the standard createx .
Well now sounds like your wife and I would get a long great being I have a nice little skull and bone collection too:D
Deer , No Eagle cause that is against the law here even if you find it in the wild :( but I do have a redtail hawk , rattle snake , bobcat , coyote , beaver , Cattle,raccoon , rabbit and a few human skulls (but those are from http://www.skullsunlimited.com/ )
But as far as the airbrush you could not ask for a nicer airbrush to start your adventure with. That is a great work horse of a brush.

Forrey.
I just Bought an hp cs. Great luck for you. Standad createx paint sucks for everything but textiles. Pick up com art, or wicked, or golden high flow and their reducer. (not needed for com art)you wont outgrow that airbrush.. Ever.

I just Bought an hp cs. Great luck for you. Standad createx paint sucks for everything but textiles. Pick up com art, or wicked, or golden high flow and their reducer. (not needed for com art)you wont outgrow that airbrush.. Ever.

Createx does work well if using it with hairy brush acrylics. You can paint over it without it bleeding or smudging. I couldn't believe it when Johannes Wessmark told me that's what he uses. I personally can't stand the stuff.

Createx does work well if using it with hairy brush acrylics. You can paint over it without it bleeding or smudging. I couldn't believe it when Johannes Wessmark told me that's what he uses. I personally can't stand the stuff.

I agree. I bought a pack of the standard Createx primary colors before I knew any better. Barely used the stuff. You have to really reduce it, but then the colors are really weak and look like crap. Hate to just dump it though, but not sure what to do with it. I suppose I'll have to paint some t-shirts...

Welcome aboard!! While I have to say, it is so true for me, that most of the time im posting, im drinking...even now,...yep, still drinking lol

I agree. I bought a pack of the standard Createx primary colors before I knew any better. Barely used the stuff. You have to really reduce it, but then the colors are really weak and look like crap. Hate to just dump it though, but not sure what to do with it. I suppose I'll have to paint some t-shirts...

I have 16oz bottles of Red, Blue, and Yellow. I'll never use them. I have 16oz bottles of Spectra Tex Black and White, same thing. I use to use them for practice, now they just sit in the cabinet with all my other stuff I don't use.

Hi forrey welcome aboard. Don't worry you don't have to choose between beer and airbrushing, you can just combine the two. You can use the excuse that a little bit of beer, relaxes your muscles making your movements less stiff and more natural, giving you better results when practising Lol. And too much beer if there is such a thing, will open your mind to allow the creativity to come through lol.
Welome to AA - airbrush addicts, that is.
You'll soon be here lots.
There is no better place on the Net for advice, tutorials or anything else to do with airbrushing.

See, I told you there was un upside to the alcohol thingy!
I'm assuming this goes equally as well for Scotch!
My other half has always given me grief about it, so now I can argue with some knowledge and reason, that it's aiding my creativity! Yay!

LMAO You sound like madbrush

Good on you Forrey. A stagnant airbrush is a terrible thing to waste. Welcome from Washington State :)

Back