New guy from the 'Burgh

2Diverse

Stick a fork in him, he's done.
Hey all, new guy from south of Pittsburgh, Pa. I'm in my mid 60s. I had purchased a custom painted Harley SuperGlide back in 1975. I taught myself how to use an airbrush in 1976 because I wanted to do it myself. I am in no way an artist, I can't draw. That is a talent I wish I had. I mostly use the airbrush to paint scale models. I also do the occasional T-Shirt and motorcycle helmet.
My first airbrush was a Badger 250. No offense, not much of an airbrush. I then bought a Binks Wren B, which I still have, and it has been my go-to for modelling. For T-shirts I was using a Paasche VL but have switched to a Paasche VLS. I bought a Paasche H that I am going to try this year to see how it compares to the Wren. I paint models with lacquer and I have to paint outdoors. The weather has to cooperate for me to paint. It does seem like it is getting closer to that time now though.
I have been collecting airbrushes for many years. I have about 30 right now but am tailoring my collection more toward the older or the unusual. My collection has been changing quite a bit lately as I've been binge buying. I've also sold off a few.
I joined to try to get useful info on some of the ones that I come across that I may need to know more about and to, hopefully, give advice to others when I can.
I look forward to being a member here.

giphy.gif

lol

Hey all, new guy from south of Pittsburgh, Pa. I'm in my mid 60s. I had purchased a custom painted Harley SuperGlide back in 1975. I taught myself how to use an airbrush in 1976 because I wanted to do it myself. I am in no way an artist, I can't draw. That is a talent I wish I had. I mostly use the airbrush to paint scale models. I also do the occasional T-Shirt and motorcycle helmet.
My first airbrush was a Badger 250. No offense, not much of an airbrush. I then bought a Binks Wren B, which I still have, and it has been my go-to for modelling. For T-shirts I was using a Paasche VL but have switched to a Paasche VLS. I bought a Paasche H that I am going to try this year to see how it compares to the Wren. I paint models with lacquer and I have to paint outdoors. The weather has to cooperate for me to paint. It does seem like it is getting closer to that time now though.
I have been collecting airbrushes for many years. I have about 30 right now but am tailoring my collection more toward the older or the unusual. My collection has been changing quite a bit lately as I've been binge buying. I've also sold off a few.
I joined to try to get useful info on some of the ones that I come across that I may need to know more about and to, hopefully, give advice to others when I can.
I look forward to being a member here.
Welcome to the forum. Painting a Harley is a hell of an introduction to airbrushing, that’s awesome. Hope you enjoy your time here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe it's me but I can't find the quote button.

To answer Husky's question,the Doberman is my favorite breed. I plan to adopt one when I retire in a couple years. I want to be sure that I have the time to spend with it that it needs. I could use a best friend too.

To SiRoxx, I bought the Harley custom painted, learning to do it was inspired by the paint on the bike.

Thanks to all who have welcomed me.

Maybe it's me but I can't find the quote button.

To answer Husky's question,the Doberman is my favorite breed. I plan to adopt one when I retire in a couple years. I want to be sure that I have the time to spend with it that it needs. I could use a best friend too.

To SiRoxx, I bought the Harley custom painted, learning to do it was inspired by the paint on the bike.

Thanks to all who have welcomed me.
I had an opportunity to teach one younger ''2 year'' funny doberman few years ago(ex girlfriend dog). It was great dog. I was wondering if only he was so special. I never come across another one to get the opportunity to get to know breed some more.

I was trying to start a new thread and I wanted to upload an image off my computer with it. I got an error message that it wouldn't upload but it gave no reason for it. Is the pic too large or ?

Thank you for the reply huskystafford. I shrunk my pic to 50x37 (it is 4608x3440) and it still didn't upload. I put the pic on your link above, after I signed up, and near as I can tell it shows my postimage page which includes my email address. I would prefer not to post that on a forum so until I can find an alternative way to post pics I'll not post a new topic requiring them.

Thank you for the reply huskystafford. I shrunk my pic to 50x37 (it is 4608x3440) and it still didn't upload. I put the pic on your link above, after I signed up, and near as I can tell it shows my postimage page which includes my email address. I would prefer not to post that on a forum so until I can find an alternative way to post pics I'll not post a new topic requiring them.
I didn't sign up on that site. I use it without. I just drag and drop image there, then I chose option when I wanna picture to be deleted and then I use one of those links provided for the picture I uploaded. I forgot which one, but you can test it in Post preview before posting.

4608x3440 I think it's to big for forum if you post directly to forum. On post image this is not a problem.

Since I wrote this I discovered that my email doesn't show on the pic I post if I'm not logged in. I will fore-go signing in in the future and just host a link as you do. Thank you for the tip.
I put a post in the general section, I hope that was the right area.

Welcome aboard from Australia.
in order to "quote" someone, just simply use the 'reply' link in the bottom right corner of the post.

Back