New here

crazyvet

Mac-Valve Maestro!
Hello everyone I am Chuck, I am a disabled vet from Utah. I have only been airbrushing for about 6 months i use it for therapy and for the simple enjoyment of it. I was in the U.S Army and was medically retired due to Severe combat PTSD. I am just learning and would like the oppurtunity to speak with other artist on this site. I am using cheap master airbrushes(g23), and Us art supplies air brush paint. Thank you for taking your time in reading this.

Welcome to the forum @crazyvet Thats why we're all here on this great forum, to learn help and have a laugh while painting. Enjoy your stay with us.

Lee

Hello!

There are many people here who are all different stages of learning and different stages of life and we all gain comfort and enjoyment from using an airbrush, so I suspect you are in the right place :)

Welcome from the UK Crazyvet. I hope you enjoy your time here. Mine is a very different story but airbrushing is also my place of peace. There’s a lot of folks here who will say the same. You’ve come to the right place to share the love of airbrushing and talk shop. Feel free to post up pictures of anything you’re working on, jump in on any conversations and definitely ask questions. Everything I know about airbrushing has been learned from the good folks that make up this community.
Nice to meet you and thank you for your service.

Welcome from the Finger Lakes, Chuck! All sorts of reasons for coming here to ask questions and exchange ideas as @SiRoxx mentioned above. Glad to have you onboard. :thumbsup:

Welcome home Chuck :D
From one disabled vet to another airbrushing does aid with shell shock, or PTSD as the yuppies call it now a days. I served way way back from 76 till the end of desert storm in 92 USArmy Special forces , But my disability is due from being ran over and shot with the bullet hitting my spin. The army doctor said I would be paralyzed withing a year , I still thank god every day I can stand up and feel my feet and go to work. Airbrushing has given me the drive to want to still get up and go do things.
Nothing wrong with the G23 it is far better to start with an affordable budget. After you get hooked you can upgrade from there.
If you have a hobby lobby in your area you can pick up an IWATA CS 149.99 -40% which make it about 90 bucks . That is a work horse of an airbrush and mine is coming up on 14 years of great service.
Do not be scared of posing up your practice dots, dagger strokes faces and blends or even the art work your working on. We are all family here and will only help guide you .

Back