For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

New Kobalt 4.3 Gal. compressor

Discussion in 'Airbrush Compressors' started by HellBird, Aug 3, 2018.

1. HellBird

HellBird Elite Member! Elite Member! Very Likeable!

Just got everything ready to dig in and start throwing paint for Paint Pal when my "trusty" Master TC40T
    compressor decided it was going to pitch a fit and quit. :eek:
    It ran fine for the six or so months I've had it... Until this evening:mad: Was a nice very quiet unit, but lately it had been working a little harder to get up to pressure. Turned it on after supper and HMMMMMM....POOF! Smoked it:mad: The Genie has left the bottle. :poo:, :poo:, and double :poo::poo:. Let it cool down a bit, but trying it again only let more smoke out….:thumbsdown: Not powering it up again because the next time it will likely be flames coming out of it.:evil::sus:
    Off to Lowe's to see what they might have for small and hopefully quiet compressors. Worst comes to worse I can always get another set of ear protectors. Wound up getting their Kobalt 4.3 gallon quiet tech compressor. Several times heavier than the Master, but has 5-6 times the tank volume, not to mention 3 times the tank pressure. Slightly louder, but definitely runs a LOT longer before cycling on again. Which is nice considering the Master would only stay off for 15-30 seconds at a time when I kept the air on.
    Guess my purchase of a post-paint pal Iwata is getting shelved for a bit. :(

Attached Files:

jord001, J000seph, doc1 and 2 others like this.
  2. Ricky Spanish

Ricky Spanish "The Hi-Line Bandit" Very Likeable!

Nice find @HellBird
    60 decibels too... Nice.
    Just loud enough to know it's there
    jord001 and HellBird like this.
  3. Mr.Micron

Mr.Micron Royal pain in the air hose Admin

My neighbor gave me one like that I use sometimes in the small garage. You can talk over it.
    But it is a nice little compressor congrats
  4. SiRoxx

SiRoxx Party Boy UK Style Very Likeable!

Looks like a very tidy compressor with decent output too for a little one. Wise choice I’d say.