New Old Phart From Washington State

B

badhatharry

Hey all. I found this site while doing some research on color mixing. I've been painting about 6 months now and really all I paint are lures I use for bass fishing. I start with blank plastic lure bodies I buy online and just go crazy with colors and patterns. I've been experimenting with vacu-forming stencils for specific patterns and learning as I go.
I use pretty much all Createx paints and I use alot of pearlized colors. My first question (many to follow) is.....when I want to tweak a stock color, and I do often, do I need to add other pearlized paints or can I use opaques? Thanks in advance for any replies.

Hey all. I found this site while doing some research on color mixing. I've been painting about 6 months now and really all I paint are lures I use for bass fishing. I start with blank plastic lure bodies I buy online and just go crazy with colors and patterns. I've been experimenting with vacu-forming stencils for specific patterns and learning as I go.
I use pretty much all Createx paints and I use alot of pearlized colors. My first question (many to follow) is.....when I want to tweak a stock color, and I do often, do I need to add other pearlized paints or can I use opaques? Thanks in advance for any replies.
Welcome aboard, @badhatharry! You ought to be able to mix any of the Createx colors to adjust (Opaque, Transparent, etc). Be careful with the other Createx lines, such as Wicked, Illustration, and Auto-Air as they're slightly different formulas. If you use paints from just the plain Createx line, you should be ok.
I don't work with Createx much:sus: (either I have bad paints or a bad attitude... likely both), but quite a few others here do.
What sort of equipment do you have? Airbrush(es), compressor, etc. Also where are you located (in general)? Many folks are scattered all over the globe and may be able to provide more regional help. Also, we're nosey. ;)

Welcome to the forum Harry, quite a few members here who make and paint their own lures. I'm no expert but adding another pearl will be the best but I'm sure adding a normal colour will work but will reduce the pearl effect a little. I've mixed normal colours with metallic and its worked fine. Give it a try only a few drops of paint to lose.

Lee

Back