NEW SOTAR 2020 on Amazon for $75 USD!

My 2 arrived from Grannies in Seattle safe and sound. Looks nice feels nice but i need a converter for the airline aghhhh. just found a quick release on ebay for £4.08 so will be ordering one of those in the next couple of days. Thankfully Gran sent them as a gift so no extra cost in customs fees. total cost for the 2 with postage to UK £125 BARGAIN!!

Lee

I'm sneaking by ups to pick up my brush tomorrow loaded n Houston tonight get up at 3 am drive 200 miles to the house, grab my pickup from the house go get the thing at 8 am, get back get in the truck and be in Denver CO. by Tuesday at noon (900 miles) to deliver......

This is the rumor mill not confirmed but on badgers forum it was said that amazon got something like a hundred of these brushes for some kind of blitz sale. they are the real deal and not the discontenued model. they are the fine tipped version and according to the users manual will not spray most paints without thinning first.
a little more preaching.
YES this is a great deal one of the best I've seen BUT keep in mind this is still a 400.00 airbrush. a medium tip asbm. will cost you about 75.00 as much as you are paying for the brush. a friend of mine was given a Jag his mom got a new car. he gave it back because he couldn't afford the service costs. Check out Badgers website and download the price list so you know what your getting. AND FOR GODS SAKE DON'T DROP IT
lol

Look into ordering the medium point needle and tip parts from Amazon as well. Far less than $75.00.

What day did you order yours. i ordered mine on the Feb 2. I called yesterday and they said they had no clue when they were going to get them in. i hope we both get them soon. I want to start painting with the krome.

I am also waiting for the Krome to arrive at Chicago Airbrush Supply. Every time I call them during the past two months they tell me "two to three weeks...".
Now I see this on Coast Airbrush: http://www.coastairbrush.com/proddetail.asp?prod=RK-1
Please note the red lettering on this part: ON MANUFACTURE BACK ORDER Available Mid-Late May.
Looks like I will be waiting quite some time to get back to airbrushing.
My thoughts and focus are "all over the place" most of the time. Waiting that long can result in a loss of interest in airbrushing.
I can always get back to drawing/illustrations, tattooing, playing my bass guitar, or creating arty photography. (and the wife still thinks I am a damned good cook)
Like I said, "all over the place...".

It's currently out if stock.

Sent from my DROIDX using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

It's currently out if stock.

Sent from my DROIDX using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
Yes but you can still buy it and they will ship it as soon as it comes in. I ordered one the other day. I hope it ships soon.

they are $140 at dick blick all the time try to hit the 20% off + free shipping for super win !!!

i just ordered 1 on amazon is only £7 delivery to uk a it took my order. so nice cheap Ab on the way, thanx

CAn someone explain the difference between this airbrush and the Vega 2000 please, apart from the cup/bottle difference that is:)

My 2 arrived from Grannies in Seattle safe and sound. Looks nice feels nice but i need a converter for the airline aghhhh. just found a quick release on ebay for £4.08 so will be ordering one of those in the next couple of days. Thankfully Gran sent them as a gift so no extra cost in customs fees. total cost for the 2 with postage to UK £125 BARGAIN!!

Lee
glad my little idea worked lee granny is a great "gal "isnt she

I just ordered one too. I was worried about being able to get parts and the price of them but I read on "Don's Airbrush Tips" website https://sites.google.com/site/donsairbrushtips/badger-sotar that the Renegade Spray Regulators, tips and needles (no plastic bobble on needle end) fit the Sotar. So that was enough for me to take the plunge and order one. They deliver to my address and with shipping and import fees it came to 82 euros.

Lee said earlier in this thread that he needed an airline converter for his Sotars so I'll be looking for a quick release fitting for a Badger in the meantime. Thanks for the heads up Lee. Have you tried yours out yet? Whats the verdict?

By the way Don your website is really great, I love your airbrush reviews and tips, so if you read this, thanks alot.
cheers Mel

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Mel nice purchase, Noo not tried it yet, I really haven't been in the mood to do any painting so I haven't ventured into the spare room :(
Just been looking at these. The top one is a badger quick release like the one i have the other two convert the size so that you can use a normal size adapter.
If you already have quick release ends you could just buy the adapter. I will be getting one of the converters too just in case :)

AIRBRUSH QUICK RELEASE FITTING TAIL-5MM MALE TO BADGER | eBay

AB-M538 HOSE ADAPTOR KIT TO SUIT BADGER AIRBRUSHES | eBay

WD-58 VEDA airbrush body nail painting adapter connecter Badger 1/8" | eBay

Lee

Last edited:
Oh I like the adapter Lee, nice one, I can put my existing Quick release connector which fits my system onto it. Excellent!

Did your Sotars come with the a 2 pronged needle guard? I don't think it does so I'll have to put that on my order list :)
I also read in the description that it comes with an extra fine (spare) needle, is that so? Or have I read that wrong as usual!
Basically would you mind looking the box and see what comes with the airbrush, please :)
Thanks Mel

AW: NEW SOTAR 2020 on Amazon for $75 USD!

Hello.

I ordered the Sotar last week and it arrived in luxemburg 2 days ago.
2nd needle yes, and the second needle cap too. I bought a h &s grafo too lately so i am not in a hurry and wont use the sotar until I have the right adapter.

Greetings, René.

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7100 mit Tapatalk 2

Can you really use Renegade parts on this sotar? Nozzle, needle and air regulator

Well from personal experience I don't know, but I read somewhere that the Renegade was modelled after the Sotar. The link I put at the top of this page in my other message will take you to a review on the Sotar by Don Wheeler. He has reviewed alot of Badger airbrushes, have a look, it's interesting :)

He said "The Renegade tips, needles, and spray regulators will fit in the Sotar. Note: I'm not saying they are the same, only that they will fit and work. Obviously, the Renegade needle lacks the knob on the rear."

For me that means that if I can't get hold of the real Sotar parts or I can't afford them, I could use the Renegade parts, until I could. Obviously I wouldn't know what they spray like until I tried them but I'm sure they would be better than nothing :)

Yep Sotars are supposed to be very nice. The Krome is a mating of the Sotar, Patriot and Velocity. I have thought of getting one just for curiosity sake. Especially with the Amazon price. Because of the price, they are sold out, along with a lot of other Badger stuff. Seems to be happening all over, price is great so is the quality and customer service, so demand is high. Great people to deal with too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Sotar 20/20 for $76.32 is in stock on Amazon.com again. I just looked and they are not sold out. I ordered one yesturday and they will deliver to me in Europe no problem. In US postage is Free I think and for Europe it is cheap but there is Import Fees added. Still a bargain.

Back