For Every Airbrush Artist!

Want to see more forum, less google ads ? Then register for free

Register

NEW SOTAR 2020 on Amazon for $75 USD!

Discussion in 'Equipment Classified Ads' started by Dart Vader, Jan 16, 2013.

1. AndreZA

AndreZA Love this place! Forum Supporter Very Likeable!

Iwata is 1/8" and Badger is M5. You do get adapter. I have a couple for sale.
  2. AndreZA

How did you manage to get it shipped here?
  3. AndreZA

SOTAR stands for "State Of The Art Results". I wonder which was first, the name or the results?
  4. flycatchr

flycatchr Guest

Total cost $110 (odd) so around R340 for postage and R660 for the badger - (including deposit for import stuffs - which might be a bit more - I hope not :)

edit - that didnt really answer the question :) - it looks like it just works - I will let you know when it arrives

Attached Files:

5. flycatchr

flycatchr Guest

aAWQESOME :)

lol ^ so happy i couldn't type straight - (BTW those are called flypos)
  6. contenderfan

contenderfan Guest

Mine did not come with an adapter.

7. Melbee

Melbee Guest

Contenderfan, AndreZA said earlier in the thread that the Krome airbrush comes with an air line adapter for Badger. The Sotar does not.
  8. contenderfan

contenderfan Guest

Ahh ok, ,missed that...my bad:redface-new:
  9. Melbee

Melbee Guest

I was lucky because I read earlier in this thread I needed to buy an air line adapter for the Sotar, so I put in an order for an adapter as soon as I put in the order for the Sotar. :)
  10. flycatchr

flycatchr Guest

That put an extra $35 on to my Acc, so i left it :)
  11. AndreZA

That is nuts. Does not even cost R50 here.
  12. flycatchr

flycatchr Guest

it wasnt the actual fitting - it was the handling fee that added - crazy - and i will be PMing you soon andre :)
  13. Melbee

Melbee Guest

I didn't buy it from Amazon, I bought it online from UK, it cost £4.50 (just over 5 euros) including postage.
  14. JPulliam

JPulliam Gravity Guru

Hey Melbee. I have had my SOTAR since Christmas. My wife got it from amazon on $75 deal. When I got it I could not remove any of the front stuff, spray reg., nozzle holder. Ken at Badger sent me a complete new front nozzle assembly and Amazon replaced the airbrush. I LOVE it. Now when it comes time to order replacement fine needles, which I had too, try to order them from someone you can talk to. I ordered 2. When they arrived they were short. The correct length is 5.5" or 140mm. The short ones were only 5.2" or 132mm. Eventually I got replacements that were the correct length, so just be aware. I have also came up with a way to make the needle tips less prone to getting that nasty little hook at the end. First I polish the needle using a slow drill and 2000 grit wet or dry paper and a little of the airbrush lube. Then I heat the needle of the needle with a lighter then dip into the airbrush oil in the bottle. Then I polish the needle again. Maybe just me getting better but it seems the needle tip is tougher.
  15. Ken at Badger is a really nice guy by the sound of it and his company support is second to none.
  16. Tafster

Tafster Guest

Instead of buying adapters. Get a quick connect set up. Grex makes quick connect for all thread sizes and their in the $3 to $5 range. I have them on all my airbrushes. I have 25 in total. They come in handy switching airbrush to airbrush. And you don't have to screw on the hose every time you wanna airbrush.
  17. Melbee

Melbee Guest

Hi JPulliam, sorry I didn't reply before, I've been ill and could only manage a "like" to your post :)

Great that you got such a brilliant response to your Sotar head problem, nice one :) I hear only good things about Ken from Badger and getting a replacement from Amazon was job sorted. Good to hear you love it after all that :)

Since you posted the message I opened the packaging of my second Sotar, which I'd never looked at, to check if it was ok. I totally forgot that there is a time limit to send things back to Amazon if there is a problem, so thanks. Fortunately all was good, the head came apart no problem and both needles look nice and straight.

Thanks for the heads up about needle lengths, I believe the Anthem or the Patriot have similar needles to the Sotar, that are shorter, maybe you got sent those.

Nice needle tip hardening technique too. If I have any problems I'll give it a try.
    Cheers Mel
  18. flycatchr

flycatchr Guest

19. sarcazmo

sarcazmo Guest

Please forgive the new question but does the 'fine' tip mean .3 size?
  20. flycatchr

flycatchr Guest