NEW SOTAR 2020 on Amazon for $75 USD!

As a matter of interest, does anyone know the designation for the badger thread? IE - most of my compressor fittings are 1/4 bsp while the cheesy ABs are 1/8 bsp (I THINK) - so i will need to go from 1/8th to the badger. Is the Iwata standard fitting also 1/8th bsp?

Iwata is 1/8" and Badger is M5. You do get adapter. I have a couple for sale.

What is so great about a SOTAR other than the name sounds the emperor name of a distant planet in another galaxy. Emporer Sotar will see you now earthling.

SOTAR stands for "State Of The Art Results". I wonder which was first, the name or the results?

How did you manage to get it shipped here?

Total cost $110 (odd) so around R340 for postage and R660 for the badger - (including deposit for import stuffs - which might be a bit more - I hope not :)

edit - that didnt really answer the question :) - it looks like it just works - I will let you know when it arrives

Attachments

• amazon badger.JPG
    amazon badger.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 13
Contenderfan, AndreZA said earlier in the thread that the Krome airbrush comes with an air line adapter for Badger. The Sotar does not.

I was lucky because I read earlier in this thread I needed to buy an air line adapter for the Sotar, so I put in an order for an adapter as soon as I put in the order for the Sotar. :)

I was lucky because I read earlier in this thread I needed to buy an air line adapter for the Sotar, so I put in an order for an adapter as soon as I put in the order for the Sotar. :)
That put an extra $35 on to my Acc, so i left it :)

it wasnt the actual fitting - it was the handling fee that added - crazy - and i will be PMing you soon andre :)

Hey Melbee. I have had my SOTAR since Christmas. My wife got it from amazon on $75 deal. When I got it I could not remove any of the front stuff, spray reg., nozzle holder. Ken at Badger sent me a complete new front nozzle assembly and Amazon replaced the airbrush. I LOVE it. Now when it comes time to order replacement fine needles, which I had too, try to order them from someone you can talk to. I ordered 2. When they arrived they were short. The correct length is 5.5" or 140mm. The short ones were only 5.2" or 132mm. Eventually I got replacements that were the correct length, so just be aware. I have also came up with a way to make the needle tips less prone to getting that nasty little hook at the end. First I polish the needle using a slow drill and 2000 grit wet or dry paper and a little of the airbrush lube. Then I heat the needle of the needle with a lighter then dip into the airbrush oil in the bottle. Then I polish the needle again. Maybe just me getting better but it seems the needle tip is tougher.

Ken at Badger is a really nice guy by the sound of it and his company support is second to none.

Instead of buying adapters. Get a quick connect set up. Grex makes quick connect for all thread sizes and their in the $3 to $5 range. I have them on all my airbrushes. I have 25 in total. They come in handy switching airbrush to airbrush. And you don't have to screw on the hose every time you wanna airbrush.

Hi JPulliam, sorry I didn't reply before, I've been ill and could only manage a "like" to your post :)

Great that you got such a brilliant response to your Sotar head problem, nice one :) I hear only good things about Ken from Badger and getting a replacement from Amazon was job sorted. Good to hear you love it after all that :)

Since you posted the message I opened the packaging of my second Sotar, which I'd never looked at, to check if it was ok. I totally forgot that there is a time limit to send things back to Amazon if there is a problem, so thanks. Fortunately all was good, the head came apart no problem and both needles look nice and straight.

Thanks for the heads up about needle lengths, I believe the Anthem or the Patriot have similar needles to the Sotar, that are shorter, maybe you got sent those.

Nice needle tip hardening technique too. If I have any problems I'll give it a try.
Cheers Mel

Please forgive the new question but does the 'fine' tip mean .3 size?

Back