Normal cleaning then using Airbrush restorer to show what was still in the brush

i have also used this urethane thinners lately after I used the white schmincke Airo color in my brush, this could not be cleaned with the airbrush cleaner.
but can the use of this urethane thinners not give problems after a long time?

I use only urethane paints reduced by big amount of the thinner. Paint can sit literally for weeks inside the AB and nothing happens to it.
Thinner can affect only the things mentioned by @basepaint in the post above. If you work carefully and your ABs are well maintained, there's no chance for the thinners to get to the parts of the tool that can be harmed by its action. I haven't changed any rubber seal for the reason of being spoiled by the thinners in the period of 10 years I have airbrushes.

I use only urethane paints reduced by big amount of the thinner. Paint can sit literally for weeks inside the AB and nothing happens to it.
Thinner can affect only the things mentioned by @basepaint in the post above. If you work carefully and your ABs are well maintained, there's no chance for the thinners to get to the parts of the tool that can be harmed by its action. I haven't changed any rubber seal for the reason of being spoiled by the thinners in the period of 10 years I have airbrushes.
thanks for your reply! I think that the use of tinners will be less harmful than the use of the restorer.
and I use tinner only if the paint settles in the cup and not become clean with airbrush cleaner.

thanks for your reply! I think that the use of tinners will be less harmful than the use of the restorer.
and I use tinner only if the paint settles in the cup and not become clean with airbrush cleaner.

For me it's hard to say if the restorer is less or more harmful for the reason I do not have it and have no clue what's it consist of:)
I have my way of cleaning the ABs and need no restorer, I've chosen the chemicals that work for me just great.

Restorer is reusable, get some Decor sauce/condiment pots from Coles/woolies, fill 1/4 - 1/3rd with restorer. Carefully pop the nozzle in there to soak- put the lid on so if you happen to knock it you won’t lose the nozzle.

When your done soaking it, just remove the nozzle, leave the liquid in the closed pot for next time. I’ve had my pot for 5 years and I’ve only topped it up once.

I know this post is old but it was recommended by JackEb. What exactly happened here? I'm assuming even though the airbrush was cleaned there was still left over paint within the internal parts? So you have to put s specific chemical and pick around inside of it with toothpicks and Qtips?

I know this post is old but it was recommended by JackEb. What exactly happened here? I'm assuming even though the airbrush was cleaned there was still left over paint within the internal parts? So you have to put s specific chemical and pick around inside of it with toothpicks and Qtips?
Even when you clean your airbrush it can happen some paint gets stucked. Nozzle is tricky little bastard. Once I though my nozzle is broken cause of paint inside. I did clean that nozzle few times and nozzle still acted strange. So if I remember correctly I soaked that nozzle for one day I think in my cleaner(not restorer ) and that did the trick.

I don't use restorer, but if I understand correctlly, you can soak for much less time then I needed and it's strong stuff.

Now I'm cool.:cool: With a help of forum members, I have separate quick connect with a hose and 60 psi regulator on that hose, which I use for cleaning. I just do Psssssssssssssst, PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSST, PSSSSST,PSSSSSSST and one more PSSSSSSSST just in case and my nozzle is clean lol
edit: I forgot to mention I soak at the end with reducer for half an hour. I think everybody has his routine of cleaning and if I see good tip I shamelessly steal it without a remorse. -.-

Last edited:
I know this post is old but it was recommended by JackEb. What exactly happened here?

:) this thread is a good example of ‘it can’t be dirty, I cleaned it ....”

Basepaint (the original poster) is a long time member and certainly not a newbie and he was displaying that even though you think it’s ‘clean’ so therefore can’t be causing your issue that maybe its not as clean as it should be.

If you plan on using Createx then do yourself a favour and get a small bottle of ‘Createx restorer’ so you can soak the nozzle. A small solvent proof jar will do the trick, it only needs to be be about 1 oz capacity, just enough for the nozzle. It’s reusable so don’t dump the liquid when your done.
If you read through the thread again and also mine that I linked, you’ll see the process to clean it

If you cant find restorer, acetone or urethane thinner will work the same!!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

:) this thread is a good example of ‘it can’t be dirty, I cleaned it ....”

Basepaint (the original poster) is a long time member and certainly not a newbie and he was displaying that even though you think it’s ‘clean’ so therefore can’t be causing your issue that maybe its not as clean as it should be.

If you plan on using Createx then do yourself a favour and get a small bottle of ‘Createx restorer’ so you can soak the nozzle. A small solvent proof jar will do the trick, it only needs to be be about 1 oz capacity, just enough for the nozzle. It’s reusable so don’t dump the liquid when your done.
If you read through the thread again and also mine that I linked, you’ll see the process to clean it

I was looking at review for an HP CS kit on Amazon where someone experience chrome erosion and posted this picture. How does this happen and how do you prevent it?
Also this value set that I linked comesw with a lubricant bottle. Is that something that needs to be used at specific times or is it once in a while?

trtrtrtrt.JPG

Why Amazon ?
as for the 'review' that had the chrome issue, it can be normal with use. it doesn't affect anything apart from asthetics
it may have had heavy duty cleaners and rough cleaning.
Lateral movement on the trigger ? I don't have mine in front of me so I don't have an answer on that one.

As for the 'Kit' throw out the lube, and the 'brushes' the reamer may come in handy once you are more comfortable and not likely to damage anything.

One bottle of blue paint isn't going to be useful, the cleaner is specific to that paint (may be useful for other paints but I don't have it so again cant comment)

I cant see the US prices for that kit, as my browser keeps defaulting to the AUS pricings

Coast sell the Eclipse for US$179.95 with a 10ft braided hose and free shipping in the US
http://www.coastairbrush.com/proddetail.asp?prod=Eclipse_HP-CS

Coast would be my pick, then you just need to decide which way you want to go with your paint, small primary sets of locally available (or reputable on line) will soon have you confused with which brand to go with lol

Why Amazon ?
as for the 'review' that had the chrome issue, it can be normal with use. it doesn't affect anything apart from asthetics
it may have had heavy duty cleaners and rough cleaning.
Lateral movement on the trigger ? I don't have mine in front of me so I don't have an answer on that one.

As for the 'Kit' throw out the lube, and the 'brushes' the reamer may come in handy once you are more comfortable and not likely to damage anything.

One bottle of blue paint isn't going to be useful, the cleaner is specific to that paint (may be useful for other paints but I don't have it so again cant comment)

I cant see the US prices for that kit, as my browser keeps defaulting to the AUS pricings

Coast sell the Eclipse for US$179.95 with a 10ft braided hose and free shipping in the US
http://www.coastairbrush.com/proddetail.asp?prod=Eclipse_HP-CS

Coast would be my pick, then you just need to decide which way you want to go with your paint, small primary sets of locally available (or reputable on line) will soon have you confused with which brand to go with lol

Amazon is usually the first place I check out mostly for reviews. I worry that I would be sent one by a third party vendor and something would be wrong with it. So I'm avoiding buying from there and have been looking to buy off Blick. I'm not familiar with reputable online stores for airbrush supplies, I will definitely consider Coast since it comes with the threaded hose and I hear that's preferential to rubber hose.

Can I PM you to continue this conversation? I feel I'm spamming this thread with off topic newbie questions.

Amazon is usually the first place I check out mostly for reviews. I worry that I would be sent one by a third party vendor and something would be wrong with it. So I'm avoiding buying from there and have been looking to buy off Blick. I'm not familiar with reputable online stores for airbrush supplies, I will definitely consider Coast since it comes with the threaded hose and I hear that's preferential to rubber hose.

Can I PM you to continue this conversation? I feel I'm spamming this thread with off topic newbie questions.
I’m always happy to receive PM’s but I’d suggest you start a thread - beginner questions- airbrush - either of those sections. That way you’ll get first hand recommendations for reputable suppliers and personal reviews that you can trust :)
It may help the next newcomer too

Back