Nozzle size

You might as well burn your money. If you think airbrushes are addicting you just wait till you start playing with the big boy guns...omg. Me, I’m in love with Anest Iwata guns....love em!
Come on guys, I see you all love Iwatas, but I love my kidney lollollol

my 0.02 cents :)

I think you need at least a 1.6/1.8 gun for primer, this way you can spray plain primer or the hi-fill types which is good for auto work to help with blocking out. Then you would need say a 1.2 for base coats and clear but I would definitely look into buying a separate gun for clear as soon as you can. If you want to use just one gun then I'd get a 1.4 to handle primer a bit better.
It probably doesn't matter so much if you are just spraying art panels but if you are doing auto work it is cheap insurance to use a dedicated clear gun, it's your last coat and last chance to make it good so buy as best as you can afford.
Most 1k clears are solvent based so they can stand having the paint left in them for a while, I still have acrylic lacquer clear in my clear gun (I use it for surfboard clearing) that's been there over a year and I can grab it, splash a bit of thinner in it (it evaporates out over time) and give it a test spray and of I go :)
I wouldn't recommend this mind you, mine is a cheap gun that's fit for purpose but when I get a good one I will look after it a lot better :)

well this one is bothering me. How big? 50 liters? 100 liters?... I don't plan to spray car :p
Lol, I don’t do liters. Lol. I have a 100 gallon tank and it stays busy when I’m spraying larger projects. I’ve also used a 5 gallon pancake compressor for smaller projects but it’s always running. You’re gonna have to do some research on that subject. Tank size, cfm needed etc.

my 0.02 cents :)

I think you need at least a 1.6/1.8 gun for primer, this way you can spray plain primer or the hi-fill types which is good for auto work to help with blocking out. Then you would need say a 1.2 for base coats and clear but I would definitely look into buying a separate gun for clear as soon as you can. If you want to use just one gun then I'd get a 1.4 to handle primer a bit better.
It probably doesn't matter so much if you are just spraying art panels but if you are doing auto work it is cheap insurance to use a dedicated clear gun, it's your last coat and last chance to make it good so buy as best as you can afford.
Most 1k clears are solvent based so they can stand having the paint left in them for a while, I still have acrylic lacquer clear in my clear gun (I use it for surfboard clearing) that's been there over a year and I can grab it, splash a bit of thinner in it (it evaporates out over time) and give it a test spray and of I go :)
I wouldn't recommend this mind you, mine is a cheap gun that's fit for purpose but when I get a good one I will look after it a lot better :)
Perfect advice here. I’d go a little bigger on the clear,base coat gun. 1.3 or 1.4. You start getting too small and it slows your u down. Just wait till you do a big job and it’s perfect and then you use the base gun to clear and you end up with a metal flake in your clear or a red spot where you don’t want it..then you will get a dedicated clear gun. Don’t ask me how I know this..lol

Lol, I don’t do liters. Lol. I have a 100 gallon tank and it stays busy when I’m spraying larger projects. I’ve also used a 5 gallon pancake compressor for smaller projects but it’s always running. You’re gonna have to do some research on that subject. Tank size, cfm needed etc.
why the hell americans have weird measurements everywhere, gallons, feet and so on lol
100 gallong is 378,541iters
I am gonna drink bleach now...

what is larger project? example pls.

For me it’s a set of cabinets or one cabinet. I’ve had to use a big gun for a touch up and pulled the trigger 4 times and the small compressor never had time to fill up. Works but you will burn that sucker up in a hurry

Compressor size is another one of those quality problems but basically the more storage and capacity the less hard it works and you have less chance of producing moisture problems. By having large storage it gives the air a chance to cool down (it gets hot from being compressed/pushed itno the tank) in the tank rather than the hose, if it cools in the hose then you get condensation and water issues.

For me it’s a set of cabinets or one cabinet. I’ve had to use a big gun for a touch up and pulled the trigger 4 times and the small compressor never had time to fill up. Works but you will burn that sucker up in a hurry
thank you, now I have better perspective

Compressor size is another one of those quality problems but basically the more storage and capacity the less hard it works and you have less chance of producing moisture problems. By having large storage it gives the air a chance to cool down (it gets hot from being compressed/pushed itno the tank) in the tank rather than the hose, if it cools in the hose then you get condensation and water issues.
I was hoping I can pull this with 25 gallon compressor...

that would probably work ok as long as you aren't running it for too long to build up heat. I would get the largest single phase compressor you can, it will be worth the extra expense and will last a lifetime of constant use. Try and get one with 2 cylinders as these are 'quick recovery' but again, for small jobs of say a panel the even a 20 gallon would suffice, just put in good moisture traps and bury it under the house to save the noise :)

that would probably work ok as long as you aren't running it for too long to build up heat. I would get the largest single phase compressor you can, it will be worth the extra expense and will last a lifetime of constant use. Try and get one with 2 cylinders as these are 'quick recovery' but again, for small jobs of say a panel the even a 20 gallon would suffice, just put in good moisture traps and bury it under the house to save the noise :)
compressor is silent with 2 motors or whatever are called. Two boxes on top of that tank. 60 db loud. That was the plan. I need to calculate stuff so I don't make a mistake.

compressor is silent with 2 motors or whatever are called. Two boxes on top of that tank. 60 db loud. That was the plan. I need to calculate stuff so I don't make a mistake.
I might have missed it but what is the max psi? If you can get a constant 60psi it sounds good. If you are using HVLP then it will be ample but it's good to have that capacity for primer pot style guns (they're cheap ;) )

And SiRoxx had great advice with the autoborne sealer.
Thanks for the confirmation Joe. I just figured that Autobourne Sealers don’t have the same reputation for clogging up guns and could save the need for a “primer only” gun. But as usual I wasn’t 100% on that LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Husky... have you pulled the trigger on the ANI spray gun yet? I was actually looking at one of those last night. The US distributor is over 2x the cost of spraygunsdirect.
I also looked at the Iwata LPH80, Devilbiss SRI pro lite, and the Sata... or should I say $ata!
I am leaning toward the ANI r150 and regulator per the youtube guy.

Husky... have you pulled the trigger on the ANI spray gun yet? I was actually looking at one of those last night. The US distributor is over 2x the cost of spraygunsdirect.
I also looked at the Iwata LPH80, Devilbiss SRI pro lite, and the Sata... or should I say $ata!
I am leaning toward the ANI r150 and regulator per the youtube guy.
Didn't yet. I am still thinking what to do. It is so cheap that I would not lost much if I would buy it and made a wrong decision for my needs, but I am watching how I spend money cause I need few more stuff which aren't cheap. I am not impulsive buyer, I usually spend bunch of time on research before I pull the plug. Ani r150 was in my mind, cause gunman review it as a very good mini gun for the money.

did you mailed spraygun how much would cost you if they send it to you? One mail won't kill you. British are very nice and friendly when you doing business with them. My experience.

Back