Observation: New .2mm Cap? HP-A/B/C

crewchief227

Needle-chuck Ninja
Hey all, do as most you know I just got a new .2mm conversation kit for my HP-CH. Well, their is something different about this new air cap, something I haven't seen on any pics or videos of a HP-B or A, look at the below pic of the cap installed on my CH, also this kit was purchased from Coast, and came in a holographic stickered iwata package, so those two aspects make me sure it's genuine.
IMG_20190130_134518-01.jpeg

Have any of you seen a double row on the knurling? I haven't, but then again this is my first .2mm cap. Is this new, is this old, or normal? It's just I've seen YouTube videos of other people's HP-B, and like the .3mm cap theirs only had the single knurled row. It threaded on fine, I almost thought it might have been an old non-plus model HP-A/B cap, as I know the plus models have bigger threads. Anyways, maybe they all have it, and I just saw. 3mm converted B's, like I said this is my first .2mm set-up, and I thought it was something of note. Below is a pic of the kit pre install, you can see the tags.
20190128_132812-01.jpeg

I just saw that double row of knurling somewhere else... thought I was seeing things, and had to look again. It is not a trait of the normal .2 nozzle cap used on the HP, or Plus .2 brushes, but may be an indicator for the .2 conversion on the H?

I just saw that double row of knurling somewhere else... thought I was seeing things, and had to look again. It is not a trait of the normal .2 nozzle cap used on the HP, or Plus .2 brushes, but may be an indicator for the .2 conversion on the H?
Maybe IDK, but I thought it was odd, and to you hear you confirm it makes me feel better that it just wasn't me, maybe they do it on the conversation sets so that you can tell your caps apart? But it's also not a "kit", Coast just pulled stuff off the shelves. I know because their was over a week hold-up, but they called to let me know, as they had everything else, but .2mm needles.

Back