Olympos HP-100C

MikeyDee

Needle-chuck Ninja
Hey everyone,

I bought this airbrush for a whopping 50 bucks and the guy threw in an old sears compressor and 2 hoses. I think I got a good deal. The brush is in great shape almost looks like it was hardly used. I never had an olympos before and I really like the way this brush feels and sprays. Does anyone know if there are parts available for this brush if needed. I don't seem to find anything out there on the web for parts for these brushes. I did find an olympos website I think based in Japan but it's a little hard to navigate. Does anyone know if parts from another manufacturer can fit this brush maybe Iwata or something.

Be safe all,
Mike

Attachments

• IMG_7124.jpg
    IMG_7124.jpg
    495 KB · Views: 36
Parts for Olympos brushes are very hit or miss as far as being able to acquire. Everything being sold out of Japan is old stock, and they have no compatibility information. Parts from the Iwata HP-C (not C Plus or Highline) should be compatible with that brush. If you change a nozzle, you may want to consider changing the needle at the same time, as I think the taper is different. Me personally, when i switch to Iwata parts I also lie to use the Iwata nozzle caps, as they tend to have smaller exit bores, which produce a finer atomization, at lower pressures...

Parts for Olympos brushes are very hit or miss as far as being able to acquire. Everything being sold out of Japan is old stock, and they have no compatibility information. Parts from the Iwata HP-C (not C Plus or Highline) should be compatible with that brush. If you change a nozzle, you may want to consider changing the needle at the same time, as I think the taper is different. Me personally, when i switch to Iwata parts I also lie to use the Iwata nozzle caps, as they tend to have smaller exit bores, which produce a finer atomization, at lower pressures...
Thanks so much Dave. Your knowledge on this subject is endless and amazing. It seems to be a very good brush but I guess not as wide spread as some of the more well known names. I truly am enjoying this hobby and have become addicted. BTW, the skull holders are fantastic. I love the texture on the skulls themselves they actually feel kinda like bone. Very well done.

Thanks so much Dave. Your knowledge on this subject is endless and amazing. It seems to be a very good brush but I guess not as wide spread as some of the more well known names. I truly am enjoying this hobby and have become addicted. BTW, the skull holders are fantastic. I love the texture on the skulls themselves they actually feel kinda like bone. Very well done.

Olympos brushes hit their peak (probably) in the 1980's. They actually closed before the 1990's began. There was a short period of production in the early 2000's, but that was it. The remaining inventory was purchased by the current owner. Generally, the brushes are all very good quality, being manufactured then by the same Japanese company producing high end brushes today. The drawback is that since the 1980's when they were last made in bulk, there has been advancements in design, and spec's. Still, they are very nice brushes.

Olympos brushes hit their peak (probably) in the 1980's. They actually closed before the 1990's began. There was a short period of production in the early 2000's, but that was it. The remaining inventory was purchased by the current owner. Generally, the brushes are all very good quality, being manufactured then by the same Japanese company producing high end brushes today. The drawback is that since the 1980's when they were last made in bulk, there has been advancements in design, and spec's. Still, they are very nice brushes.
That's some great information. Thanks so much.

Back