paasche V

S

spuitje

I have an old paasche V airbrush for sale. It has an adjustment wheel on top.
Maybe this is a collectors item. I think it's about 20 years old, but it's well kept. The nozzle and all are fine en it works as it should.
I wanted to see if there's interest in this, no idea what I can ask for it or what it's worth.
paasche V.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Cant say, that i am interestet in this particular item.
However, i have seen some other irresistible AB-beautyes around.
So if i had the money....just to collect...:whistling:
Henrik

Hi I know that I'm interested in the airbrush but the shipping on it would cost me an arm and a leg maybe even more, but what were you wanting for the brush?????

hello people, i didn't check the forum and item for a while...you're right..it isn't worth that much that shipping would be worth it. I wanted to remove this item but it can't be removed.!!!!!so i'm sorry for the trouble.

Curious ; I havn't had the pleasure to use an airbrush of this brand, but the adjusting wheel sound interesting. Can anyone tell what it is for ? What function, if it adjust air, paint or spray pattern. I know only one airbrush that offer an adjustment, a simple Aztek 2000 that carry a small "wing" that adjust the spray pattern from dot to small circle very handy but one function.

It adjusts the paint. Normally you pull the trigger back with your finger and with the wheel you can fix the trigger so when you push for air, paint will come out immediately.. I'm not sure if this is really an advantage maybe there's a reason why they don't make them anymore? Maybe if you want to spray a bigger surface evenly? I think it would be more logic to stop the trigger in the end so you can't pull too far, so you don't have to worry about too much paint.

It adjusts the paint. Normally you pull the trigger back with your finger and with the wheel you can fix the trigger so when you push for air, paint will come out immediately.. I'm not sure if this is really an advantage maybe there's a reason why they don't make them anymore? Maybe if you want to spray a bigger surface evenly? I think it would be more logic to stop the trigger in the end so you can't pull too far, so you don't have to worry about too much paint.
I've used a V model for 30 years and still do sometimes. The wheel is a trigger limiter and is used to limit the distance the trigger can be pulled back. They are very much antiques today but at one time these were the finest spraying airbrushes made for doing automotive and motorcycle work.

Thank's, --- That mean that the adjust screw at the back as we see in many modern airbrushes make exactly the same. ?

Yes, but it's not quite as easy to use as the modern rear adjusters but it does exactly the same thing. I remember a famous airbrush artist in the 80's painting very realistic headlights onto race cars with one of these V models. And remember these V's are a lot smaller and don't fit the hand quite as well as the modern airbrushes. The first thing I always did with a new airbrush was to throw away the handle as they only got in the way.

i bought it from a man who used to work in advertising, for professional use, think "back in the days" this was a good one. Now i bought an Iwata and compared to that this one is nicer to look at than to use :p. I still don't understand how the trigger is limited by pulling back, because only the front gets adjusted if i turn the wheel. paasche V.jpg i still can pull back to the end.

I had paasche VL and it was equipped with this wheel too. It will pull back the needle and stop you from closing the paint. I can only guess it was to give a finer controls of the paint and maybe to get a constant flow. Problem is that many factors come interfere with the flow mainly tip dry and so it is really hard to have exactly the same paint flow even when the needle does not move. It is the same with the back stop, so most of us abandon the use of either after trying them.

Hope it answers your question :)

yes, thank you,.:) also to Silverscreens question, understanding my own airbrush better :thumbsdown:lol

I had paasche VL and it was equipped with this wheel too. It will pull back the needle and stop you from closing the paint. I can only guess it was to give a finer controls of the paint and maybe to get a constant flow. Problem is that many factors come interfere with the flow mainly tip dry and so it is really hard to have exactly the same paint flow even when the needle does not move. It is the same with the back stop, so most of us abandon the use of either after trying them.

Hope it answers your question :)

The wheel pushes the trigger toward the rear of the airbrush, so that when you pull back on the flow you have less trigger travel and so decreases the maximum flow of paint. Not great, but it works.

The wheel pushes the trigger toward the rear of the airbrush, so that when you pull back on the flow you have less trigger travel and so decreases the maximum flow of paint. Not great, but it works.
Oh, I had the impression that it was pulling the needle back at the same time. Didn't play with it though, the VL was a side feed for left handers, bought it used and didn't know. Gave it to my brother. But like I said most peeps never use them. :)

I think it works the same way that people think the old 100 series Badgers worked. The limiter pushes trigger back and thus the needle. This opens up the nozzle and you you do not have the air on/no paint part of a double action but immediate paint like a single action.

I think it works the same way that people think the old 100 series Badgers worked. The limiter pushes trigger back and thus the needle. This opens up the nozzle and you you do not have the air on/no paint part of a double action but immediate paint like a single action.

I should have explained a little better. The way I've always used it is to turn the wheel and slide the trigger backwards. Then I loosen the needle lock, slide the needle forward till it bottoms out in the nozzle and relock the needle. Now when you pull the trigger back it limits the flow because the trigger can't slide but just a little ways. Crude but it works. I have 5 VLS, and they all need rebuilding. But I mostly use the Iwata now.

The only two with some kind of adjusting I know, are the Aerograph Super63 where a ring just behind the trigger all way round, offer a once for all fine tuning of your feel of the two functions.

Double-Action.jpg

The ring just behund the trigger only need to be adjusted one time, the ring turn a diaphragm adjusting trigger feel and air-paint feed. You soon know when the exact right feel are it, and proberly tighten the small screw once for all.

9301-1431200638-9a83b3b348eabd5e6e6b9fff3f9e32f5.jpg

The one-function Aztek 1000S carry a small blue wing, wish other airbrushes would. --- It control the spray patttern by it's diameter. Turning the wing offer either a small or a bigger circle, --- except the use for the wing primary are to shut the paint entrance to the nozzle as if it is not turned the paint drip, it is in fact a nice feature controlling the spray pattern.

Guess other brands offer other adjusting options, but thes two is those I know.

All single action guns have a a dial of some sort to adjust the spray size. The Badgers and Paasches have the nozzle and the Iwatas have a dial between the body and the handles.

Not all airbrushes deliver full when drawing hair thin lines and freehand. I use a wide spray airbrush alot. More often with Stencils you need perfect spray, detail work are not easy with those, for that you need an expensive airbrush.

Back