For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

Paint for Automotive

Discussion in 'Beginners Airbrush Questions!' started by Joni, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Joni

Joni Double Actioner

Hi guys Im a newbie in the airbrush's world.
    Just bought my first airbrush Paasche TG-3F kit.

Now Im wondering wich paints I should buy for painting motorcycles, helmets and bikes.

I found Createx colours but the have a lot on paint lines so its was very confusing to decide what will go better.

I found on Amazon Auto-air but only candy and wicked/wicked details, Autoborne sealer as base coat.
    I heard they should do the job but I just wanna make sure I chose correctly.
    Except the candy colours do I need Opaque/Transparent ..etc?

Adding other people's paints job so you'll know how I want to paint and you can steer me better.
    You can also suggest me other brands of paints.

Btw- sorry for my rusty English[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
  2. JackEb

JackEb The Dragon Hunter Staff Member Admin

While you are waiting for answers by not help our curious Dragon and go to the introduction section :)

6E291D7C-A2A7-42E1-8D59-E9C3FF437E15.jpeg
    SiRoxx likes this.
  3. Robbyrockett2

Robbyrockett2 Air-Valve Autobot! Very Likeable!

Wicked and wicked detail would be a good choice. You will need candy for the flames and lightning, otherwise the opaque set would be good.
    SiRoxx likes this.
  4. SiRoxx

SiRoxx Party Boy UK Style Very Likeable!

Autoair is more of a Base coat system, but can be used for smaller detail. Wicked is more of an all rounder, but maybe a little expensive for large areas. Createx Illustration is great for smaller details. Autobourne Sealers are colour key Primers really, but have great adhesion. Candy2o is great for a bunch of applications. I hope that helps.
    The Createx website is really good and has a ton of information.
    https://autoaircolors.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Robbyrockett2 likes this.
  5. Mr.Micron

Mr.Micron Royal pain in the air hose Admin

The first thing you will have to do is a lot of practice using the airbrush and learning control.
    Then body prep plays a major part in how well a paint job will hold up.If the surface is not prepped right your paint job will fail.
    But being we know nothing about you other then you bought a airbrush we have no ideal your skill set to be able to do said paint jobs.
    SiRoxx and doc1 like this.
  6. brushit

brushit Gravity Guru

Use Trident water based. You will not go wrong. Tried and proven.
  7. Mr.Micron

If he lives in the USA getting Trident is not affordable nor easy to get if you happen to run out during a project.
    While is sprays beautifully like a urethane it is just hard to get a good supplier .3 oz or 10ml is 30 bucks plus shipping for the tru 8 set 3.75 per bottle.
    where wicked here in the states is 2 oz or 60 ml for 4.95 to 6.99 per bottle which work out more bang for the buck. plus it is a short trip to any Hobby Lobby and you can use a 40% off coupon . But that is why an introduction would have helped answer this question a lot better.
    If the customer is paying and has the money I use HOK or SEM
    doc1 and SiRoxx like this.
  8. brushit

brushit Gravity Guru

Wow, that is super expensive in the states. It is pretty economical here in Aussie. Just replenished my supply with a pack of 50ml bottles. Base colours, Black , white, red. blue, green, yellow, plus 50ml of reducer, plus 4 empty bottles for about $70 Aust. including postage. Goes one hell of a long way when just spraying helmets. It is great paint and was produced by Daniel Powers after 5 yrs research i believe.
  9. Mr.Micron

Daniel had a huge hand in production of it and I do agree it is great paint but just too costly for me here in the US.
    I did get the 10ml sample pacl for free when it first came out .A hole lot cheaper where you are.
  10. Joni

Joni Double Actioner

Thank you all guys!
    I need your advise, I couldnt find any "cheap" Createx's dealer around the EU, so if you know one I would like to hear some recommendtions. (Ordering from the US has a CRAZY shipping rates).
    Also for Trident colours, and which line of Trident will work the best for my future work?

BTW, Im living in the middle east so I'll have a massive shipping rate when I'll ordering from the EU, I hope it will be cheaper than ordering from the US.

Thank in advance.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
  11. SiRoxx

SiRoxx Party Boy UK Style Very Likeable!

For Createx, maybe try SM Designs and speak to them about shipping. Or possibly Airbrush Megastore in Australia, they might be able to do better n the shipping charges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. JackEb

JackEb The Dragon Hunter Staff Member Admin

SiRoxx likes this.