Please. Help. Me. Spitting!

The good news is it seems like a straight forward issue of the pressure being a little low and the paint being a little too thick. You should have the problem sorted following the advice here.

The good news is it seems like a straight forward issue of the pressure being a little low and the paint being a little too thick. You should have the problem sorted following the advice here.

Thank you yes I am very anxious to try all these tips. I hope to get to that this afternoon. You guys are great here!!!

Another thing that might be a cause of the spitting is your not keeping your air on as you paint? Remember air on , pull back for paint , paint off, then air off.
If you don't leave the air flowing thru the airbrush after you stop the paint flow you will have some paint left in the tip so the next time you push the trigger down for air you will get drops of paint
(Spitting paint) along with the air!
Hope this helps?

I didn't know that either! Thank you so much. I have made notes of everything here I am sure this will solve my problem.

Thanks I am sure too I will be testing this all out later today!

Well, hopefully we have got the issue straightened out. Seems you were actually trying to spray at something like 5psi or less. The only reason it would work at all is because you initially get a small burst at 30 when its set like that. Its always nice to be able to help.

you guys are very patient with newbie questions. :) I really appreciate it. Wish I had discovered you years ago. It was the nice guy at Iwata that I called the recommended this forum.

you guys are very patient with newbie questions. :) I really appreciate it. Wish I had discovered you years ago. It was the nice guy at Iwata that I called the recommended this forum.
That’s where this group excels, always willing to help and as you’ve found out, the more info we have the better guidance we can provide :)
Our standard first set of questions will be
What brush or at least needle size
What paint and reduction
What psi are you spraying at, and as you’ve found out that answer provided a whole different answer than you were expecting :)

Often things are not a simple once of “do this” answer so users will feel like we ask way to many questions but now you can see why :)

We’ll be here when you’ve had chance to try out all the suggestions so make sure you come back and let us know how you go :)

We all are or have been newbies, so everybody can sympathise. It’s nice to know the forum cane recommended by Iwata though. That’s pretty cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We all are or have been newbies, so everybody can sympathise. It’s nice to know the forum cane recommended by Iwata though. That’s pretty cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I thought so too!

I've done a few classes here in the uk and I had to save to do them. So start saving, even if it's only a few dollars a week it soon mounts up, Birthdays, Christmas ask for funds towards the class. It might take a while but eventually you will hit your goal and then you will get your wish.

Anyway, how did you get on with the paint experimentation?

Lee

Back