Pre mix the whole lot?

T

Tull

Hi folks.

I've just treated myself to a mixed box of Valejo Air paints. Woohoo! Not enough red shades though.

Anyway, that aside... I've pretty much worked out the mixture that works for me with the pressure I get on with and the brush I do detail work with, I'm wondering is it work mixing up all the bottles now? I think there's just enough space in the new bottles to add the thinner and anti tip dry stuff I would normally use.

If you take air pressure, humidity, the current angle of the earth and the distance to Pluto, is there any reason why you shouldn't pre mix everything this way? Is anything going to degrade?

Many thanks.

I don’t know much about this particular paint system. But often the thinner or reducer kicks off the drying process, so adding it to bottles you plan to store isn’t a good idea. I don’t know for sure that’s the case with Vallejo though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Being Vallejo I don't think it's a pot life thing in the normal sense, but reducing and storing will allow certain pigment to corrode and clump.

In any case, yeah it's pretty much never a good idea to pre mix for long term storage.

Back