printer dye

barto

Gravity Guru
Has anyone used printer dye or pen dye for AB? I am looking for a candy2o replacement waterbased solution. Just for practise at home environment.

I think I also have the same question to resolve. I guess that you meant by "printer dye" is inkjet printer ink, right ? I found some inkjet re filler ink bottles. I wanted to know whether it will work with AB or not, just to practice. Please help me. Thanks.

Practice with what you will be using. Those inks are coloured water so you might as well just use food colouring. All that sprays really easy and then you want to do something with pigmented paint and nothing want to work they way your practiced.

I have to agree with Andre on the practice with the paint you will be using , airbrush paint is the way to go and nearly all airbrush paints need getting used to and not one will act like ink or food coloring

I see. I agree with you. Will start with good paints. Thank you very much for your information. It is so valuable for beginners like us.

I see. I agree with you. Will start with good paints. Thank you very much for your information. It is so valuable for beginners like us.

If you are on a budget and can only do 1 or 2 bottles of paint, don't get black, white or grey. Get a sepia or umber. Those pigments are better than blacks or whites and you can still do complete pictures with it.

Back