problem with clearcoat

Dimitris

Mac-Valve Maestro!
Hi guys and girls,
I've applied clear coat to a tank (it's for presentation, so it's can be painted again), and after almost 3 hours it still has this fogginess on it. I used spray can, it's reliable for me cause hasn't caused any problems, but this suprised me! Yeaaaaah!!:mad:
good weather conditions 20 C, no humidity today, apply two light coats at first, plus 2 final coats after 5 minutes to complete it.
Had some extensive overlaps which create those tiny waves (can't remember how it's called)
but my main question is about this grey shading which has been created.
Do you have any ideas what went wrong?

01.jpg 02.jpg

Is it dry? I have that happen sometimes and after it's dry I can rub it out with a soft towel you might try that

Is it just a 1k or a 2k rattlecan? 1k needs to be buffed while 2k makes it shiny. Also overspray that gets clear on will show. Is the Hulk coverd with somethin before clearing? Like some kind of intercoat?

If the fog is going away as it sits outside, it got moisture from somewhere......Maybe the hulk wasn't completely dry?
Did the hulk sit out overnight before clearing over him, even if he was dry he could have collected moisture.

the truth is that I finished it last night, let it indoors for a couple of hours and let it sit outside for the night....and in the morning after clearcoated, it happened. I run the heater after 3-4 hours when the dimness started to disappear, and in one hour it was gone...
And right now, my sister walked in and told me that the sideways of the tank look empty...(you should draw something at the sides cause it looks like it's been shaved) she told me and I knew that wetsanding, cleaning and ABing again is on it's way.

Back