Problem with the" deseased umber" from Createx

Tommk

Young Tutorling
I have several paints from the bloodline and all of them work well except the " deseased umber "

This paint is always spiting while brushing.

I tried thinning with the 4011 and 4012 reducer, from 1 : 0,5 to 1:2 ratio ,

Raising pressure ,

Trying a infinity with 0.2 nozzle and Sparmax with 0.3 nozzle . Nothing really helps.

Maybe somebody give me help

Thanks alot

I know what you mean. There are several colors in the line that are st different from the others. For me, it is the orange of the illustration line. I can try that through anything up to and including a .4, and it won't spray worth a spit. You can try straining the paint, to remove some of the larger particulate that seems to form from the pigments. You can also simply try using a different color - pick something from the illustration or lifeline color pallet that is close, and switch them out (that's what I do).

I just put a drop of paint under a microscope and another drop of well working paint from the bloodline beside to compare both.

The pigments in the well working paint were very small and swimming in a liquid each alone.

In the bad paint the pigments were glued together in groups of 20 to 50 in the liquid .
and i shaked the Bottle well before.
And thinning did not brake the groups only added more liqiud .
On monday I will buy some small stirrer and try if it will break the groups and I can use the paint .
Otherwise I will use a different paint

I am not a fan of the complex color. I have most of that stuff, and when it sits you can see some of them must have a blend of like 5-7 different pigments. And you can shake the hell out of the bottle and you still see some of the pigments stuck to the side of the bottles. You can't tell if you actually have it fully mixed or not.
I don't know how many times I've mixed two colors and some reducer and you will see separation if let sitting for longer than 15 seconds. That isn't unique to Createx. But it does show that the more complex the blend, the easier for pigments to do weird things. Driscoll tone anyone????

Could try adding some transparent base or 4050 to blend out the pigment a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a bottle of sepia with the same problem.
Tried everything
Shaking,Stirring
Straining it.
The bottle in the ultrasonic cleaner, nothing helps.
Now I use the paint for large areas.(3.5 nozzle)
For the finer work I bought another bottle of the same color.
That one is good.

If the pigment starts to clump, and does not respond to reducer - I mean, if it does not appear that the paint is melting when reducer (or thinner) is added, the paint has most likely begun to polymerize, and is beyond "fixing".

I have a bottle of sepia with the same problem.
Tried everything
Shaking,Stirring
Straining it.
The bottle in the ultrasonic cleaner, nothing helps.
Now I use the paint for large areas.(3.5 nozzle)
For the finer work I bought another bottle of the same color.
That one is good.
Never thought of an ultrasonic to mix paints, thank you!

Back