Reaper VEX Airbrush

AlaskaJason

Double Actioner
Has anyone had any hands on with this brush? Reaper Miniatures We do not have any stores up here that have it or even stock it in the first place. Has anyone seen one in the wild at a store yet?

From what I can tell Badger made a custom airbrush for Reaper based on previous badger made airbrushes. It has a reversable needle protector cap like on the Theyer & Chandler Omni, a high roller trigger from the Patriot Extreem, I new back end from what I can tell the back is a new design from Badger, and finally it uses a standard 1/8 airbrush connection and not the Badger standard M5 connection.

It also can use two different needles with the same nozzle which I find very interesting especially with how easy it is to remove the needle.

Badger airbrushes are like an erector-set. Most of the brushes have interchangeable parts. The rear handle looks like the same piece they use on the Air Cobra and Satagraph, without the needle stop. I recently got in the Air Cobra by MIG, which retails for @$160US. I then purchased an Omni 5000 for something like $69.00. Aside from the trigger blade, rear handle, and 1/8 hose connect, they are identical brushes. So, is a rear handle, trigger blade, and an m5 x 1/8" adapter worth @$90. Not to me ;).

I am sure there are people buying them, and are happy with what they purchased. Shoot, some people would pay just for the black finish, and be happy. For what it is worth, I am very happy with the way both the Air Cobra, and the Omni 5000 work. Bonus for me, the Air Cobra was a gift ;).

Thanks for the info Dave, I honestly find it interesting all the specialized airbrushes that some companies make. I know that Grex is working with Monument hobbies currently on a airbrush. You have Cult of Paint working with H&S, Youtuber Squidmar has a black and antique gold brush that he has been working with H&S that is effectively a Evolution Silverline but with a aluminum body and antique gold finish on the trigger, air valve, paint cup, nozzle, and paint regulator tail end. I really want that one when it comes out.

I bought a couple Grex ABs from a guy who had purchased a Vex brush. He said he loved it and that's why he was letting go of the two I got. I didn't have the opportunity to see it for myself though.

Like yinz, I looked at the Vex and it sure looks a lot like an Omni to me.

Yeah, I lusted after the Cult of Paint Black and Gold Infinity for some time before I admitted to myself I really just don't get along with the Infinity as well as I do with other brushes. I debated adding one to my collection, but have thus far chosen to spend the money on brushes I enjoy using more... including some from the earliest years of the 1900's. Got a few gems from that first decade or so.

H&S used to allow customers to basically custom order brushes, which is very cool. They don't do the one-sies anymore, though. With the ability to finish everything in-house in relatively small runs, it is cool they are willing to do custom runs. They are generally fantastic looking brushes. That Squidmar brush sounds nice.

Unless I am mistaken - that factory that actually produces Grex brushes (in Taiwan) will brand brushes in relatively small batches, with minimum orders. I know I have had conversations with one of the Japanese manufacturers that are willing to do a branded build also with a relatively small minimum order (in manufacturing terms) - but, it is a steeper minimum than I want to front ;)

Last edited:
I have a Triplex with all the different heads and cups they offer. That gold edition is pretty cool, because the works are kind of exposed there under the trigger.

Cool on the H&S, I know they has disabled that link on the site for a time there. I did not realize they started doing it again.

Last edited:
That is a nice looking airbrush and the price seems reasonable. And it's in Pittsburgh colors, black and goldlol. The one thing that would prevent me from getting it is it looks to be a model A, no cup. To do any amount of spraying would require many refills.

Back