releasing water from a compressor tank

I dont think this is the same 'Chicago' company as the US based company,

https://sydneytools.com.au/chicago-hush20-aluminium-silenced-20l-air-compressor

my only 'complaint' is the drain plug isnt at the bottom of the tank, you have to lean the whole thing forwards to drain it properly, other than that its nice and quiet, not silent but a lot less ear splitting than my workshop compressor.

new_main_hush20.jpg

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
costantly a lot of water. Humidity here is from 60 to 90% all year long. I'm 2 km from the sea. And from late April we haven't dropped below 33C. At night humidity hits jack-pot, at 2 after midnight all car's windows are wet. Pretty sure my compressor is rusted inside.
interesting videos

I bought my first compressor with a small tank (3L) around 3-4 months ago. I never even dreamt of draining the water, neither was I aware for the drainage valve on the bottom of the tank. Reading this thread ringed an alarm in my head. I recently thought my colleague compressor got louder... I normally kicked the tank and the irregular volume went back to normal. So, yesterday evening I got myself a little paper cup and opened the tank. Quite some water - all brown - flew out, filling half of the cup. I will be more vigilant from now on. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

I've got a 25l tanked compressor in the garage had it since 1993 but don't use it all the time, so i don't empty it every time i use it but its only on for 5 minutes to pump tyres up or blow dust off the workbench. If its been on for a while and working hard (using air tools) i will undo the drain plug at the end of use.

Lee

I bought my first compressor with a small tank (3L) around 3-4 months ago. I never even dreamt of draining the water, neither was I aware for the drainage valve on the bottom of the tank. Reading this thread ringed an alarm in my head. I recently thought my colleague compressor got louder... I normally kicked the tank and the irregular volume went back to normal. So, yesterday evening I got myself a little paper cup and opened the tank. Quite some water - all brown - flew out, filling half of the cup. I will be more vigilant from now on. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
you turned compressor ON when draining right? Or you had air in tank?

Last edited:
No, it was off and all air was out. Why, is this a problem?
Have some air in tank. Air will push the water out when you drain. Probably for safety reasons turning Off compressor and using tanks with air would be better I guess?

here's how to do it:

you need some pressure inside of the tank.

Last edited:
I was playing with the mouse and suddenly got back here! (bad jole-I know...):D
Actually got here from another topic and wanted a favour (since you're family :D:thumbsup::)).
Can you help me by naming me some continental compressor brands? To see if I can find any here?:)

Back