Replacing hose Iwata quick connectors

H

happy p

Hi everyone!

I am totally new to this. I bought a used Iwata Power Jet Pro Compressor. Compressor works excellent but both black coil hoses leak like someone cut them with a razorblade all over. I did a quick fix on one hose by buying a cheap "fish tank" hose, and cutting both ends of the hose and simply thread on the new hose on the short ends of the old hose that still are connected to the connectors. Could someone please advice me if I can remove the connectors and how, and then how to place them on a new hose. I guess you dont have to buy a new hose with the quick connectors on, but one can simply remove the exisisting ones and just place them on a new hose. Many thanks in advance.

IMG_20190926_141309.jpg IMG_20190926_141317.jpg IMG_20190926_141325.jpg

Welcome dragon.jpg
Most time I have the male end connected to the airbrush and the female end to the hose which both just screw on . As far as replacing the hose being I am not sure where on this planet you live https://www.hobbylobby.com/Crafts-Hobbies/Model-Kits/Airbrushes/10-Braided-Air-Hose/p/838 with 40% off coupon makes it only cost 18 bucks .
Being you are running pressure of more then 2 PSI through the fish line it will more then likely not hold to the fittings without a hose clamp .

well you can remove the quick connects from those coiled hoses but you cant fit them to a normal hose as those QC's are made for those thin coiled hoses

Thanks so much. Yes I am from over seas. I thought you recycled things (the connectors). We sent Greta (Thunberg) to teach Trump about recycling. I am from the planet where we recycle stuff (Sweden). Nothing political just a joke. I am a total beginner to this, saw one guy do what I did, and believe or not the other hose snugs so tight it holds the 2 PSI with ease. If the practice is to buy new cables with connectors I will follow.

My youtube teacher to my fix.

Thanks to both of you Mr. Micron and Ronald art. Ronald so there is a way to remove them, and I guess attach them back to a new hose. My assumption a coiled hose can be bought separately. I am eager to learn if you would like to lead the way. I browsed youtube but without success. Thanks again both of you.

Safe then sorry please use mini crimp hose clamps to insure the hose just does not fly off.

I have standard branded hoses on mine 1/4 female to 1/8 female The quarter end goes on the big quick connects that plug into the compressor the other end is Airbrush end.

Lee

Thanks Herb. Yes better safe than sorry. Not ready to be a one eyed pirate yet :)

Just remember that it doesn’t have to be an Iwata branded hose. There are some great prices for hoses from reputable suppliers that are already made up for you. They’re pretty cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the end I managed to remove the QCs from the cobra coil cable. When you know how to do it its easy. I can do it under a minute now. (Took me 3 days to figure). Simply didnt know how all was constructed, afraid to break something. I would do the same again just get a silicone hose. I was lucky t
that I had a silicone hose that came with the Iwata HP-C but without the QC so I simply removed the regular connector and assembled the QC. Happy goes lucky. If any runs into this kind of issue I am glad to help.Iwata quick connect disassembly.jpg Iwata quick connect disassembly 2.jpg

Back