siphon feed airbrush

M

Matwom

hi guys and girls

im new to airbrushing and eager to learn this art .
iv recently purchased a siphon feed airbrush with the intent of airbrushing my sculptures which i make in my spare time in my work shop .
i brought some VALLEJO GAME AIR ACRYLIC paints and also 5 X extra AIRBRUSH BOTTLES .

My first question is = is it ok to transfer my vallejo game air paints into my airbrush bottles for ease of use and quickness when colour changing { i have also brought some little rubber caps for the ends of the tubes on the airbrush bottles }
my second question is= do i need to use reducer in these vallejo game air paints as iv watched you tube videos
which say you dont need to and other ones say you do ? confused .

any help would just be great as im just starting off in this exciting hobby , thank you

I have never used the vallejo paints but I know the list a reducer on their website so I guess you will need that on the other hand it also depends on the nozzle size and air pressure if that paint will spray smooth
on your first question I dont have a answer for the reason stated above

Vallejo air aren't supposed to need a reducer down to I think .35 tips.

Yes you can transfer the paint, but if you find you need reducer (I doubt it) don't pre add it, it's basically never good to store pre reduced.

Last edited:
Looks like folks have got you covered about transferring the paint to bottles.
From my experience “Airbrush Ready” means that some people won’t need to use any reducer but others will. As frustrating as it sounds, reducing paint is a pretty individual thing. I’ve used lots of paint that I know many people use straight from the bottle, but I have had to reduce it quite a lot get it working for me. Essentially think of Airbrush Ready as a guide rather than a rule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back