For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

Smaller mom and pop airbrushing stores

Discussion in 'Open Bar!' started by Scott, Mar 26, 2020 at 12:41 PM.

1. Scott

Scott Double Actioner

In this time of uncertainty and crazyness of the world today a lot of places are closing their doors to not only protect their employees but also their patrons. Fortunately there is little chance in the job that I have that I will be affected financially in anyway, so because of that I want to try and support some of these mom and pop airbrushing stores if possible for my needs. Typically I get my art supplies from places like reproductive organ Blick or Jerry's Artarama, but those are big box art stores and while they are going to take a hit from our current economic times they will not take the hit like the smaller stores will.

That said I need to order some stuff and I was wondering if there were some smaller mom and pop airbrush stores that have online ordering capabilities that I could the stuff I need through. Obviously Spray Gunner is a great airbrushing outlet, but what other are there if any? Id really like to support the smaller stores and help them as much as possible.
    JackEb likes this.
  2. Mr.Micron

Mr.Micron Royal pain in the air hose Staff Member Admin

I buy as much as I can from a locally owned shop called pygmallions , The carry Golden high flow and pretty much any part you would ever need for Paasche, But the only Paasche I have is a 40+ year old VL that I rebuilt when I started airbrushing and that is where I bought all the parts.
    Spraygunner while an on line shop it is still a small business as well as Coast Airbrush and Maple leaf art which are mom and pop stores too.
    David Monnig took over the business from his dad who started it . and Donna does an awesome job supporting airbrush artist all over the world . Down side we here in the USA do not get the gummies due to customs.....:(
    But I also support the local food markets as well.
    Scott likes this.
  3. Scott

Scott Double Actioner

Thanks Micron. I have a shopping cart full of items with spray gunner and coast that I am about to order. Unfortunately we don't have many hobby stores here where I live. The one that I have I won't go into anymore after some issues with the owner and a lot of the stuff I want/need he doesn't carry and cannot get. I will look into Maple Leaf Art as well and see if there is anything they carry that I "need". I know that my $50-100 orders won't make a huge difference to them but in these times any little bit they can get will help out, maybe make a difference in someone being told to stay home for an extra day or two a week.
    JackEb likes this.
  4. Mr.Micron

Mr.Micron Royal pain in the air hose Staff Member Admin

Scott likes this.