Some hair and fur textures

Micha der Wolf

Air-Valve Autobot!
Hi Friends,

I will do some steps forward with the Clint Ostholz painting.
The hair and fur textures are different. I need long straggly and short crinkly hair.
I test some possibilities.
20160512_182327.jpg
First the little wire brush. Good for longer hair, creates parallel lines. When you move it in circles like a beard.
20160512_182616.jpg 20160512_182907.jpg
Second the steel wool. I have the Nr.3 Coarse. Good for short hairstructures when you move short. For example a beard. Also for long hair, the fine hairs in the fur.
20160512_184003.jpg 20160512_183123.jpg
The third is a cleaner for a pan. Very good for short beard or bodyhair.
20160512_184018.jpg 20160512_183549.jpg 20160512_183702.jpg
There are a lot of solutions, you can also made a tool with this materials like a pencil. So you have more control.
After this test I start with the beard of Clint.
20160511_221636.jpg20160512_184433.jpg

See you all again!
Micha

Very cool - that's great... must try some of those... what was the paint and substrate you trialed?

Thanks for sharing , so far I have never tried any of the above for hair texture, very interesting and just goes to show there is always something new to learn in this forum.

Thanx Micha!
Good thing is to se the tool and a result with its use.
The only thing I still don't have is steel wool. I've got to search it the buildig malls. I think it's sold there, am I right?

Hardware outlets or even at the supermarket, you can buy the non soap steel wool. Its pretty coarse, if you want really fine stuff then yes the hardware shop or Automotive shops do a superfine one for car body repairs

Hardware outlets or even at the supermarket, you can buy the non soap steel wool. Its pretty coarse, if you want really fine stuff then yes the hardware shop or Automotive shops do a superfine one for car body repairs

Thanx Jakie!:) I'll search for it among the places you've mentioned.
But in automotive repair it's scothbrite. I think it's much finer than that steel wool shown above. I've got scothbrites of all grains.

'scotchbrite' here in Australia are normally the green plastic pot scrubbers.
we do the steel wool in Course, medium, fine and '0000' which can be used for polishing glass and shellac furniture polish

It is nice to see what other use on different textures, Thanks so much for sharing.

I've often wondered how to create beard texture, I think you've provided some very valuable info Micha, thank you :)

Back