Sparmax Swivel Joint - usefull or just a gimmick?

huskystafford

Needle chucking Ninja
Staff member
Admin
Mod
I accidentlly stumble on this and I am posting this on forum for fun and maybe some opinions if you feel you wanna share. I did started to think about if I don't like how my hose behave and to be honest I don't know. I was caught by surprise with this.

Sparmax-Swivel-Joint-1.jpg

Sparmax-Swivel-Joint-2.jpg

Sparmax-Swivel-Joint-3.jpg

https://www.air-craft.net/acatalog/Sparmax-Swivel-Joint-SPA43000525.html#SID=944

Last edited:
Don’t know how much it would do for me. If it can swivel somewhat freely without leaking air.
I just use a thin flexible hose, not the larger diameter braided ones.
They are thinner, lighter, and just work better for me.

I've used both a thin flexible hose and the braided one, and on the end of a plastic threaded water trap. It has never been a problem. For me I wouldn't bother with this.

I have one on my workshop compressor but can’t see the point on my airbrushing one

I wouldn't say it's useful for an airbrush, moreover it reduces feel of your tool. I bought similar, but bigger, for my full size spray guns thinking it will improve convenience of work, no way. The same thing here with an AB - less control over the tool, as the hose lives its life then, it becomes not predictable.
BUT, there's good use of this thing for air blow gun, that's where it works great! Here you need dozens of fast movements at different angles and only here this swivel things works for your good. If you use AB size blow gun - it will work for you in this case. I don't see any reason of buying it for another use.

I have no doubt that that connection would end up leaking air at some point. There is nothing of precision about it and looks too cheap in construction, in short disposable. For me, a clear pass.
Regards,
Chris the cabbie

Back