Sparmax tc-501N vs Cool Runner TC-320

BullBuchanan

Young Tutorling
I'm a novice airbrusher who's been using my Cool Runner II TC-320 for about a year to paint miniatures with a Badger Patriot and a recently acquired Iwata Eclipse. A used Sparmax TC-501N recently fell into my lap and I don't think it really makes sense to keep both of them. Is the sparmax an upgrade? I've read that it's optimized for moisture control. I exclusively airbrush outside in a non temperature controlled environment in Texas, so I have had some difficulty when it's raining, cold, or just humid.

It does seem to run a little quieter than the cool runner, but I don't know if it's as reliable or there are other things I should consider before selling one of them. Any thoughts or things I could research?

I don’t really know the specifics of each compressor, but if neither have a tank then they’re probably similar in terms of “quality”.

The Sparmax would be a higher build spec/quality than the Master. How much? Tough to say... I would guess at the Sparmax being a longer living unit overall, but again, by how much? If you only want one, pick the one you like better, and let the other go...

Back