Spraying in hot weather

B

BRUSHAHHH

Hi all, Just wondering if anyone has experienced problems spraying in really hot weather. I don`t think it`s my imagination, but i`m sure all my airbrushes spray more efficiently in cooler weather. I have 3 Paasche vls. an Iwata hpc plus and a couple of el cheapos. I am using mainly Trident Paints. Have tried thinning down much more but to no avail. Constant dry tip problems. Would be pleased to hear any comments on this subject. Cheers from Australia.

yep. coming into summer i've been experiencing the same. tried painting the other weekend but just gave up. later in the afternoon when a storm rolled in i was back to normal.

Thanks, was starting to think it was all in my head. LOL. I`m on the Sunshine Coast Qld. Airbrushing for me is usually relaxing, but it was far from it today. Should have just left it alone. But i`ll probably be back at it again tomorrow, and still getting frustrated about it, but that`s life hey. Thanks for your reply. At least i can blame the weather now, and not my guns.

Here in South Africa I've had some issues with my waterbased paints. But instead of fighting it, I just take a break and try the next day. Luckily it's just a hobby and I can do that.

Here in South Africa I've had some issues with my waterbased paints. But instead of fighting it, I just take a break and try the next day. Luckily it's just a hobby and I can do that.
Yeah, mine is just a hobby too, so i will just have to be a bit more tolerant of the weather. there`s always tomorrow.

Increasing the reduction will help to a certain degree, also most brands have a "slow reducer" which slows the drying time what will help when its hot. That being said if it gets above 30c I won't even attempt to airbrush anymore as you will basicly be spraying dust :p