Stencils

i print them out on a paper and laminating it, using a cheap "home" laminating machine and after that a cut it out smoothing the edges with sandpaper if needed

That's a cool idea, consider it borrowed :D

hey guys....just been looking online to buy some stencils to try out some realistic fire.....turns out that stencils can get pretty expensive....any of you guys made your own? i was thinking of getting some plastic thicker then an OHT....maybe something about as thick as a lunch box lid? any ideas?

ive got access to tools etc at work so was also thinking of cutting then out of sheets of stainless steel with tin snips and rounding off the edges with files? that could be a bit of a mission tho.
any ideas?
see how the stencil here in the forum.
Or just do a search on google images.

if anyones after a basic cheap set of stencils i bought a set of "french curves" off ebay for £2.73
im not sure how they would stand up to solvents though

I use the vinyl separators that you can get for 3 ring binders. They are thin translucent and very easy to cut. The are also very inexpensive, I get them in packs of 8 for a dollar, so you can make a lot of stencils very inexpensively.

Max,
get a roll of clear contact paper and you cut your own if it's not thick enough paste another piece onto it the roll I got was 18" wide x 25' long for six dollars good luck with your stencils

Tinman

Hi guys, I use X-Ray material and it works awesome! Cheers, Red

i ordered some mylar sheets a4 size a few days ago dont know how ''cut able'' the are but i got some stencils from some site wich uses the same material i payed like €0,50 a sheet for em and there solvent proof so it cant be a complete waiste right:)

Back