Suggestions for instant response trigger AB

Thanks all for the responses,paint reduction is something I haven't investigated as I thought com art was good straight from the bottle. So maybe that is something I should try before righting the brush off.
My main issue is the paint not coming out until the trigger is noticeably moved and the fact I can't seem to get any paint through it at low pressure I.e below 15psi. I have thoroughly cleaned it and also bought a new needle just in case I had damaged it without knowing.
I do love the feel of the brush,the weight,the fit in my hand but I am getting frustrated trying to guess when the paint is coming.

Note that if I turn the pressure up on the regulator the response of the trigger is better
I even thought of spending £30 on the fpc valve harder and steenbeck sell to see if this improved things

Maybe it's just me not being able to use it properly, in the hands of someone who knows how to paint might say there's nothing wrong with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks all for the responses,paint reduction is something I haven't investigated as I thought com art was good straight from the bottle. So maybe that is something I should try before righting the brush off.
My main issue is the paint not coming out until the trigger is noticeably moved and the fact I can't seem to get any paint through it at low pressure I.e below 15psi. I have thoroughly cleaned it and also bought a new needle just in case I had damaged it without knowing.
I do love the feel of the brush,the weight,the fit in my hand but I am getting frustrated trying to guess when the paint is coming.

Below 15 definitely requires thinning even with com art, the paint is being sucked out due to a vacuum caused by the air pressure so the lower the pressure the thinner your paint should be or it becomes too heavy for the air to carry it, I'm not sure of your tip size but I assume 0.18, for the same thickness of paint a 0.2 requires more pressure than a 0.3 same as 15 psi requires more thinning for the smaller tip.

You certainly shouldn't write off the brush, whatever I think of H&S I know that the majority of users derive great pleasure from them, so play around a little with reductions and pressures and I'm pretty sure you'll hit the sweet spot and then be on your way.

Below 15 definitely requires thinning even with com art, the paint is being sucked out due to a vacuum caused by the air pressure so the lower the pressure the thinner your paint should be or it becomes too heavy for the air to carry it, I'm not sure of your tip size but I assume 0.18, for the same thickness of paint a 0.2 requires more pressure than a 0.3 same as 15 psi requires more thinning for the smaller tip.

You certainly shouldn't write off the brush, whatever I think of H&S I know that the majority of users derive great pleasure from them, so play around a little with reductions and pressures and I'm pretty sure you'll hit the sweet spot and then be on your way.

Good day sir,
The tip is 0.2, standard with this brush, so larger the tip the more pressure is required to carry the paint through the hole?
I mentioned no thinning of paint,as if I remember rightly,(probably not) when Mitch done a review of this paint he also used it neat.

Good day sir,
The tip is 0.2, standard with this brush, so larger the tip the more pressure is required to carry the paint through the hole?
I mentioned no thinning of paint,as if I remember rightly,(probably not) when Mitch done a review of this paint he also used it neat.

Mitch didn't use the H&S, he has Iwata,:)

No the smaller the tip, the more pressure you need assuming the same thickness of paint.

I have the iwata HP-BH which is also 0.2 and the com art sails through it no problem straight out of the bottle, but I will still thin it so I can go in close with less pressure to avoid over-spray and spidering, I rarely ever open the trigger full up unless I'm blasting large areas to fill in, I'm basically decreasing the paint to air ration so I can build up gradually.

Another small problem is that even when you have two airbrushes exactly the same and you set them up the same the they don't behave the same, even if you had ten they wouldn't behave the same, or if they did that would a pure fluke, how any airbrush behaves depends on who checks quality at the factory (in my case no one), who is using the brush, the paint, the thinning and the pressure, this creates a huge multitude of variables which is why you need to play around with your pressures and reductions until your brush does what your happy with, you can only achieve the same variables as Mitch if you are Mitch, lol

Mitch didn't use the H&S, he has Iwata,:)

No the smaller the tip, the more pressure you need assuming the same thickness of paint.

I have the iwata HP-BH which is also 0.2 and the com art sails through it no problem straight out of the bottle, but I will still thin it so I can go in close with less pressure to avoid over-spray and spidering, I rarely ever open the trigger full up unless I'm blasting large areas to fill in, I'm basically decreasing the paint to air ration so I can build up gradually.

Another small problem is that even when you have two airbrushes exactly the same and you set them up the same the they don't behave the same, even if you had ten they wouldn't behave the same, or if they did that would a pure fluke, how any airbrush behaves depends on who checks quality at the factory (in my case no one), who is using the brush, the paint, the thinning and the pressure, this creates a huge multitude of variables which is why you need to play around with your pressures and reductions until your brush does what your happy with, you can only achieve the same variables as Mitch if you are Mitch, lol

Com-Art works well out of the Infinity .15 and Evo .2 with little to no reduction.

no it means your pressure is to low for the brush and the paint straight from the bottle ;) I only use etac paints and there is a difference in pressure for the paint straight out off the bottle or when it is thinned down , for pure paint as it is in the bottle I need a minimum of 30 psi and for thinned down paint I can go as low as 15 psi , so it does come all down to the combination brush: paint : psi . at the moment I am working with 4 brushes on the same project nozzle sizes 0.2 , 0,3 and 0,5 my basic psi is set at 40 psi and I adjust it with the mac valve for each brush as they all need a different pressure the 0.2 just needs the 40 psi for the etac PS straight from the bottle while the 0.5 only needs about 25 to 30 psi for the same paint the 0.3 is round the 30 to 35 range . there is no set rule or psi a brush and paint needs to work best it all comes down to testing what works best for the brush in combination with the paint

So reading that I either have a problem with my brush or it is me that's the problem.
Have you tried reseating the o-ring on the air cap? If it gets pinched or shifted, you lose the seal causing spray issues. If I ever have problems with my Infinity or Evo spraying, it is generally after taking off the air cap for cleaning and it didn't seal well when putting it back on.

Have you tried reseating the o-ring on the air cap? If it gets pinched or shifted, you lose the seal causing spray issues. If I ever have problems with my Infinity or Evo spraying, it is generally after taking off the air cap for cleaning and it didn't seal well when putting it back on.
Have just spent 2hrs with my brush,full strip down, clean,checking every seal etc.
Tried paint reduction 1:1 with water,air pressure and I Must say there has been a big improvement with the brush,still has a tiny amount of lag,I mean tiny. I still have probs with spidering and opacity at very close distance but that I am putting down to my own ability or lack of it.
Still probably buying an iwata as I think it will just play on my mind if I dont,is it better etc.

Thanks for all the imput from everyone.

I am suprised actually noone has considered straining your paint. It is possible you have very tiny amounts of dried paint off the nipple. Since it is com art have you ever cleaned out the tips of the bottle? I mention this because I never strain my paints however I have had to clean the bottle tips before because I left them open a while and very very fine amounts of dried paint dislodge into the brush. It causes the issues you mention.

I rarely spray straight 100% out of the bottle with Com art through my .2 Krome.

I am suprised actually noone has considered straining your paint. It is possible you have very tiny amounts of dried paint off the nipple. Since it is com art have you ever cleaned out the tips of the bottle? I mention this because I never strain my paints however I have had to clean the bottle tips before because I left them open a while and very very fine amounts of dried paint dislodge into the brush. It causes the issues you mention.

I rarely spray straight 100% out of the bottle with Com art through my .2 Krome.
Paint straining was suggested on another thread I have going, I have cleaned the bottle tops as well now,thanks.

if the paint spiders the psi is to high lower it till it stops spidering . I always do a little spray test before I start painting to see if my psi is just right or if it needs adjusting , pulling the trigger to far back can also cause spiders

Well I've went and done it and ordered the micron.
Ordered the cm-b with soft spring and Teflon seal,also ordered a better Mac valve( well it better be)
Thanks for the link. @Madbrush worked out just over £220 with shipping and fees for using PayPal

Well I've went and done it and ordered the micron.
Ordered the cm-b with soft spring and Teflon seal,also ordered a better Mac valve( well it better be)
Thanks for the link. @Madbrush worked out just over £220 with shipping and fees for using PayPal

Why on earth did you order that excremente? You should have ordered another two H&S brushes, they are the best in the world, everybody knows that:)

Well, I followed the advice of someone that was mislead at the time of recommending it,anyway if for some strange reason my H&S doesn't out perform it I can always use it for darts practice.:whistling:

Well, I followed the advice of someone that was mislead at the time of recommending it,anyway if for some strange reason my H&S doesn't out perform it I can always use it for darts practice.:whistling:

What really hurts me is, I have given the whole world and his dog that damn link and by the time I get round to ordering one, they will all be sold out, doesn't that just make you sick? , :cry::cry::cry:

Tell you what, if the postie passes your house on the way tell him I said it was alright for you to test run it for me to save me sending it back if it's not right.

Or stop hanging around and get it ordered.
What really hurts me is, I have given the whole world and his dog that damn link and by the time I get round to ordering one, they will all be sold out, doesn't that just make you sick? , :cry::cry::cry:

Why on earth did you order that excremente? You should have ordered another two H&S brushes, they are the best in the world, everybody knows that:)

I hope people by now have learned to never ever listen to what madbrush is saying, he obviously has no clue what he's talking about. For the price of one H&S you could have gotten atleast 6 Chinese replica's, nothing beats those, we all know how awesome they are :p

Back