Suggestions for instant response trigger AB

lol i dont know what the fooks going on im gonna re-install tapatalk

Get rid if tittytalk and just use the mobile friendly browser version, I got rid cos it woke me up every night.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found my H&S brushes work best with no lube on valve stem, it tends to gum up. Take off the valve stem and remove the brass plate on the bottom. Be careful not to drop the valve stem or spring. At the top, where the stem is, the there is a white Teflon seal. Clean the stem and the seal with alcohol to remove any remaining lube and it should be pretty smooth after that.
My personal preference for the valve tensions screw is very loose. I loosen mine until it is very soft, but still has enough tension for the spring to push the trigger all the way back up.
Thank you very much for that,just finished with it and it's 100% better,won't be lubeing that again.

Just have fun with it, I generally clean either every two hours or between colour changes, you can clean dried paint off the sides of the cup and lob that out of the cup before running your cleaner through the brush, that will avoid debris travelling down to your nozzle so that you shouldn't need to strip down for cleaning, and if you see or feel anything out of the ordinary, check with the guys here.
just packed up with the micron, cleaned it the way you said.
Think I just took a massive step backwards though,was playing on printer paper all good ,had light intensity , very fine lines etc etc.
Then went onto a decent paper and got nothing but spiders and couldn't layer up to make darker. That was with neat com art going through at really low pressure,15psi on the compressor and then turning down my Mac valve until it only just had the power to draw the paint through.:(:(

Think I just took a massive step backwards though,was playing on printer paper all good ,had light intensity , very fine lines etc etc.
Then went onto a decent paper and got nothing but spiders and couldn't layer up to make darker. That was with neat com art going through at really low pressure,15psi on the compressor and then turning down my Mac valve until it only just had the power to draw the paint through.:(:(

It's too early, just practice until you get the hang of it, try pulling back less for paint.

Thank you very much for that,just finished with it and it's 100% better,won't be lubeing that again.

No problem. I use my Evo all the time, so I've already made all the maintenance mistakes myself and figured out the hard way. :)

As Madbrush said, less paint. Your problem right now is trigger control, it takes time to build up the muscle memory, but once you do, you'll be able to control any decent airbrush.

I personally can not get Com-art to spray right straight out of the bottle. No matter what size gun or at what pressure. I always reduce more. I paint below 10psi and at a reduction of at least 1:5 but sometimes as high as 1:20 at 5psi.

I personally can not get Com-art to spray right straight out of the bottle. No matter what size gun or at what pressure. I always reduce more. I paint below 10psi and at a reduction of at least 1:5 but sometimes as high as 1:20 at 5psi.

I don't understand why you should have a problem, do you have this problem with every colour?, the only colour I seem to have difficulty with is white, all the other colours fly through my HP-BH which as you know is o.2, although I still like to thin mainly to hold myself back for building up, most of the time I'm afraid to thin, it's as if the brush want to get rid of the paint, lol

I know you have enough experience and knowledge to know if you had bad paint, but that is all I can think of, I had a bottle of grey which was constantly separating in the cup and instantly clogging, but again you would definitely notice that.

It's totally baffling since I work at the same PSI as yourself mostly and other than the bad bottle of grey and white I've never had any issues, I could understand if it was in relation to one specific brush but not all of them.

image.jpg Right peeps i have just been playing with the micron, paint reduced 1:3 parts water. I seem to be able to pull fine lines and small dots,use lines loosely as there more like tadpoles:whistling:. But if i try to go large dots etc and get the colour more intense it seems to take 10+ sprays or i get a lot of mottled effect, to much paint not enough drying time?

View attachment 34411 Right peeps i have just been playing with the micron, paint reduced 1:3 parts water. I seem to be able to pull fine lines and small dots,use lines loosely as there more like tadpoles:whistling:. But if i try to go large dots etc and get the colour more intense it seems to take 10+ sprays or i get a lot of mottled effect, to much paint not enough drying time?

Are the darker dots on the left your own or are they just guides?

From what I see here I don't think your paint needs to be that thin, try 1:1 , but remember as I said the exercise is not about coverage, it's about precision and consistency, keep you air on all the time while you paint, turning your air off at the same time as your paint is causing your tadpoles, when your doing your dots staying in one place longer doesn't give you a bigger dot it gives you arachnaphobia, moving your brush further away gives you bigger dots.

Again as I mentioned, try pulling back less for paint you want to pull back until paint comes and then no further, the full extent of the trigger is only for blasting big areas, always have the air on before you pull for paint and don't let the air of you till you stop pulling for paint, it's more important that your strokes match in intensity that that cover, in an artwork you build up in layers and then the right amount of coverage happens automatic, that is control.

Are the darker dots on the left your own or are they just guides?

From what I see here I don't think your paint needs to be that thin, try 1:1 , but remember as I said the exercise is not about coverage, it's about precision and consistency, keep you air on all the time while you paint, turning your air off at the same time as your paint is causing your tadpoles, when your doing your dots staying in one place longer doesn't give you a bigger dot it gives you arachnaphobia, moving your brush further away gives you bigger dots.

Again as I mentioned, try pulling back less for paint you want to pull back until paint comes and then no further, the full extent of the trigger is only for blasting big areas, always have the air on before you pull for paint and don't let the air of you till you stop pulling for paint, it's more important that your strokes match in intensity that that cover, in an artwork you build up in layers and then the right amount of coverage happens automatic, that is control.

The darker dots are guides that Mitch done on one of his sheets.
I can't get mine that dark.
That paint I'm using is trans smoke, looks dark in the bottle but I just can't get it to that intensity.

I am hardly pulling back for paint,trigger is only just moving,I must admit I do lapse now and again I let the air off to soon.or start the paint before I'm moving.
I've got arachnophobia down a treat,I always seem to get the wrong things spot on and miss the objective of the excersise.

The darker dots are guides that Mitch done on one of his sheets.
I can't get mine that dark.
That paint I'm using is trans smoke, looks dark in the bottle but I just can't get it to that intensity.

I am hardly pulling back for paint,trigger is only just moving,I must admit I do lapse now and again I let the air off to soon.or start the paint before I'm moving.
I've got arachnophobia down a treat,I always seem to get the wrong things spot on and miss the objective of the excersise.

The trans smoke is very light by nature, switch to an opaque black if you have it, it's just a case practice now, it will come to you I promise;)

Back